Game Development: Strange Crown

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Strange Crown

Postby wasteshaper » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:21 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:I am speaking for the 99%... blahblahblah

Shut your hole. You speak for no one. I do not participate in pvp and I think you are a giant baby. This forum is embarrassing with the amount of "Make game easier cause I'm a baby" threads I see. I'm so glad the devs actually know what they're doing with the game.
wasteshaper

Postby Zentetsuken » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:35 pm

wasteshaper wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:I am speaking for the 99%... blahblahblah

Shut your hole. You speak for no one. I do not participate in pvp and I think you are a giant baby. This forum is embarrassing with the amount of "Make game easier cause I'm a baby" threads I see. I'm so glad the devs actually know what they're doing with the game.

7/10 troll account
Zentetsuken

Postby jordancoles » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:24 am

Zentetsuken wrote:PVP is intended to act as a dispute resolution system, I understand this.

The problem is, if any of the main pvping sprucecap killers decided to change their tactics to simple trolling the pvp system would be useless as a tool to stop them.

PVP is not a tool in the toolbelt of anybody but faction-level minmaxers. The amount of times it has be successfully utilized by anybody else to genuinely solve a dispute and/or stop trolling/griefing is negligible if not zero. So if removing PVP caused some players to switch over to "trolling in other directions" it would literally make NO difference. It would not be possible for 99% of the playerbase to kill or even deter those people with PVP anyways.

Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby terechgracz » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:22 am

Imo a lot of problems would be fixed just with dividing haven into servers:
1) PvE focused permament-ish server, PvP enabled but no death at all. (Resets shouldnt happen, maybe map size sould be increasing with time).
2) PvP server without KO protection, with fixed reset schedule - for example 6 months or year.
3) Minor PvP servers scheduled to reset more often - month etc.

Some people love early game. Some people njoy grinding. Some just enjoy farming.
This game has mamy features and I think my proposition would help everyone find best things they like in Haven.
Thank you for your attention.

PS: for the minor PvP server think of long term hunger games.
PS2: if someone is shit at PvP then he can always join 1 month PvP server and get some skillz. My idea won't cause need for any changes in current PvP.
PS3: there isn't any reason I told that PvP should have fixed schedules, there can be one infinite PvP world. But I think 1 month PvP server would be fun for some people. Like me, I like caveman early game.
terechgracz

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:39 am

It's kindof funny how easily aleck can prank every sprucecap in this community :lol: I wonder if it actually influences development
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby dannyboy » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:00 am

3 servers would split the already small population. This will never happen. PVP is not broken. Working as intended. If you want to cry about it then learn how to make your own game. Or just continue crying about it... Actually I have a better solution. It would seem some players are desperately in need of some tissues. Tissue crafting when? Wah.
dannyboy

Postby terechgracz » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:11 am

You're first person that need this kind of tissue crafting but IRL. I'm not one crying there. If you guys really think that dividing by 2 but keeping one server constantly populated is worse than having one server that has constantly falling population then something is wrong with you.
Just calculate area under the curve. This area is proportional to money gain.
terechgracz

Postby WowGain » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:15 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:It's kindof funny how easily aleck can prank every sprucecap in this community :lol: I wonder if it actually influences development

probably tbh lol
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:48 pm

Zyean wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:the passenger rarely gets kod its always the driver. ive only seen a few passengers get kod and that is as they get in they get kod not during a chase.

Yeah but now that this change is in place why would you ever target the driver when you can haha funny someone who's a passenger and continue koing other passengers

if you let yourself get kod instead of telling the driver to go to shore and jump out, you deserve to die.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Zentetsuken » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:56 pm

Please stop twisting my words. | am simply a pariah trying to get the voice of the lowerclass majority heard.
Zentetsuken

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements