Game Development: Strange Crown

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Strange Crown

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:08 pm

jorb wrote:I think what is actually being sought is some method to prevent griefing of ships by unwanted passengers.

The people REEing about this are pretty much strictly wrong. The quantity of people who will die to this is practically zero, and for once I think it will ironically mostly affect PVPers since sprucecaps are practically always going to die in these situations anyway, whereas PVPers usually know better. That said, the 1/1,000 situation where somebody with 2% HP left tries to escape into a snekkja gets downed just as they're entering or during a snek chase will really only matter for PVPers.

If you're going to cave to people REEing about inane shit you could just make it so you can't login to a boat while KOed and it'd have NEARLY the same effect.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby jordancoles » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:53 pm

Sephiron wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:How long before a new player gets asked to hop in to a snek and gets killed automatically with this new retarded trick.

sprucecap killers don't even need to perform any shenanigans like smashing their sneks to kill people now, it's just instadeath for anybody onboard

sadly not enough people realize how dangerous this is for the 99% of non-PVP players, I guess we aren't getting enough discussion and backlash for that gilded-armor-speed revert :lol:

rough world to be a new player man, I wonder what crazy shit they will do to buff sprucecap killers next week

Just don't be a snekkja passenger? How common is that, really?

What...?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Uriel » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:02 pm

loftar wrote:
pagsiu wrote:It was possible to move while placing milestone / road extensions with ctrl + l-click, now it doesn't work.

Yes, and that was the problem, because ctrl+l-clicking was also the way to place things with finer-than-tile precision (which was therefore not possible to do with milestones). Now you can instead move around by just pretending to place the milestone somewhere else and not have the placement interrupted just by that, and we figured it was nice to be able to do that with things other than milestones too.

I don't like this change, making roads is much worse underground atm, please reconsider.
Uriel

Postby Zentetsuken » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:10 pm

jorb wrote:
Potjeh wrote:If you don't want people to ride as passengers in ships just remove passenger slots from ships. The game has more than enough obscure mechanics that only exist to be newbie traps, you don't need to add more.

I think what is actually being sought is some method to prevent griefing of ships by unwanted passengers.

Zentetsuken

Postby Necrisha » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:16 pm

jorb wrote:
Potjeh wrote:If you don't want people to ride as passengers in ships just remove passenger slots from ships. The game has more than enough obscure mechanics that only exist to be newbie traps, you don't need to add more.

I think what is actually being sought is some method to prevent griefing of ships by unwanted passengers.

Being able to lock and later unlock mannequins into passenger slots would help fix this, and adding poses for "seated" mannequins would make it fun. (it could be a separate "flotation dummy" object instead) Hmmm. maybe some snekkja users may want to develop that into a full fledged idea...
Necrisha

Postby Sephiron » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:37 am

jordancoles wrote:
Sephiron wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:How long before a new player gets asked to hop in to a snek and gets killed automatically with this new retarded trick.

sprucecap killers don't even need to perform any shenanigans like smashing their sneks to kill people now, it's just instadeath for anybody onboard

sadly not enough people realize how dangerous this is for the 99% of non-PVP players, I guess we aren't getting enough discussion and backlash for that gilded-armor-speed revert :lol:

rough world to be a new player man, I wonder what crazy shit they will do to buff sprucecap killers next week

Just don't be a snekkja passenger? How common is that, really?

What...?

How common is it for a REAL person to be a passenger on a Snekkja? Be honest, when was the last time you were a passenger on a snekkja and not just in your own snekkja? Literally only used to transport alts and you know it
Sephiron

Postby jordancoles » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:51 am

Sephiron wrote:Be honest, when was the last time you were a passenger on a snekkja and not just in your own snekkja? Literally only used to transport alts and you know it

Literally every day this past weekend, lol

Are you a hermit or something?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby DonVelD » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:13 am

passengers are a gift to factions and nobody else
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Agrik » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:33 am

jorb wrote:Stuff carried overhead while over water will not be insta-deleted if you lose your session, but, rather, will only be so when the actual character logs out. Should imply a short grace time to log back in if you lose connection while carrying stuff over water, or such.
Is there a reason why such large objects can't just lie in the shallow water, like animal corpses do?
Agrik

Postby jorb » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:29 am

Agrik wrote:Is there a reason why such large objects can't just lie in the shallow water, like animal corpses do?

Yeah, the water offset is not a general enough implementation for that. Stuff would lie on the water surface, rather than on the bottom. Would otherwise like to make as you suggested, and likely will at some point.

Also, on the topic of eviction from ships: I realize that its a marginal case, but being blocked from using a Knarr by someone logging in-out is big dumb when it happens, even if it doesn't often.

It would probably, however, be possible to setup some logic by which you can evict passengers when you are by the shoreline, dumping them onto land if there is space for them. That is probably better than what we did here, so I will try to make it thus.

Glad we could have a constructive discussion about it and arrive at a good solution. :thumbsup:
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements