Game Development: Lights in the Dark

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Lights in the Dark

Postby Pills » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:11 pm

neat update tbh, not sure why refueling lights that act as nothing more than cosmetic is required tho, seems a little overkill. Still new lighting stuff looks ace
Pills

Postby Austinh15 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:46 pm

Is there a command to change the light limit amount? Ender hasn't updated the UI yet to control these settings.
Austinh15

Postby Asgaroth22 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:49 pm

Very cool change with the lanterns :) I was about to ask for this exact addition today when I was decorating the market with pumpkins. Made my day!
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby Asgaroth22 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:55 pm

Necrisha wrote:
jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.
[*] Added "Spherical Parchment Lantern" and "Rectangular Parchment Lantern". Both are crafted from pigments, and the colors they shine in are determined by the pigment used. You can also put sketches on them, should you so desire. They cannot be used to light things, but burn for about an RL week without refuling.

Yusss! the longer burn time is fantastic.

Longer burn time is nice, but a week is still not enough imo. I would love for an overall increase to duration of various light sources, even if they couldn't then be used to light things. It's a bit of a chore to have to re-light them all the time.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby Kaios » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:09 am

no milestone placing fix 1/10
Kaios

Postby Pills » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:09 am

Asgaroth22 wrote:Longer burn time is nice, but a week is still not enough imo. I would love for an overall increase to duration of various light sources, even if they couldn't then be used to light things. It's a bit of a chore to have to re-light them all the time.

People who care about it enough will likely make a bot for it. Cosmetics only shouldn't really need refueling/relighting just to look pretty
Pills

Postby loftar » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:21 am

Austinh15 wrote:Is there a command to change the light limit amount? Ender hasn't updated the UI yet to control these settings.

Yes, gl maxlights NUMBER to control the number of light sources (use 0 to use the default number), and :gl lighting simple or :gl lighting zoned to control the mode.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Schattengaenger » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:27 am

Asgaroth22 wrote:Very cool change with the lanterns :) I was about to ask for this exact addition today when I was decorating the market with pumpkins. Made my day!

Glad to hear I am not the only one trying their best to make the game festive for the occasion.

Schattengaenger

Postby rye130 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:51 am

jorb wrote:Implemented the change to a change in last week's patch mentioned here. The helmsman of a ship can now Right-Click a knocked out passenger and "Maroon" them, evicting them from the ship. This action can only be performed in shallow water. Passengers are no longer auto dismounted when knocked out.

Awesome change. More accurately fixes the problem you were trying to fix, thanks for listening to the feedback.
rye130

Postby Schattengaenger » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:03 am

Please add the lanterns to the website preview of items that can be customized with art!
Will make creating art for it much easier!
Schattengaenger

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements