Game Development: Hat Placement

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Hat Placement

Postby axus » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:02 am

ItsFunToLose wrote:odd question and this probably belongs in bug reports, but did anything happen to anyone else's alcohol they were fermenting when this patch went live?

I had two demijohns of mead must(edit: +one 39L demijohn of grapejuice!) that had not fermented into alcohol yet. And when I logged on today, they were both vinegar. I either fell into a coma for 10 days, time travelled, or something went wrong on the server side. I am so confused right now.

tldr: anyone have problems with alcohol accelerating straight to vinegar during the patch?

I had wine gone to vinegar, but didn't have a timer and had forgotten about it, so assumed it was my fault. Also I like vinegar and have lots of grapes so no big deal
axus

Postby hektor96643 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:11 am

bee hives should have hats
hektor96643

Postby lordgrunt » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:08 am

did anyone mention it before? you cant put hat on baby goats
lordgrunt

Postby Sevenless » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:02 pm

ItsFunToLose wrote:odd question and this probably belongs in bug reports, but did anything happen to anyone else's alcohol they were fermenting when this patch went live?

I had two demijohns of mead must(edit: +one 39L demijohn of grapejuice!) that had not fermented into alcohol yet. And when I logged on today, they were both vinegar. I either fell into a coma for 10 days, time travelled, or something went wrong on the server side. I am so confused right now.

tldr: anyone have problems with alcohol accelerating straight to vinegar during the patch?

Did you possibly put stale mead must in accidentally? That goes straight to vinegar.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby ItsFunToLose » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:55 am

Sevenless wrote:

Did you possibly put stale mead must in accidentally? That goes straight to vinegar.

I did not. Straight from cauldron to demijohn. two 50L full of it from regular old mead must straight to vinegar. along with 39L of wine, all made around the same time, what I thought was 3 days in, and roughly 10 days away from becoming vinegar. after patch, all 3 straight to vinegar in the demijohn after having just checked them the previous night as a neighbor had asked about needing vinegar and I told him I wouldn't have any for at least a week.

I did have alcohol in a nearby chest decay in their various preferred drinkware to vinegar in what felt like the appropriate amount of time, I forgot it did that. did something about that tick trip off my demijohns?
come to think of it, it was only the mead in a drinking horn and some wine in a wineglass that turned to vinegar. I wasn't brewing any other alcohols at the time.
I like to air dribble.
ItsFunToLose

Postby Betelgeuse1284 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:51 am

I am taking back my comment about loving everything. Building change sucks ass. If i accidently shake mouse after releasing ctrl the position is gone. Not even talking about breaking the habit for nothing. The truth is noone needs to walk before they place final sign and breaking normally working buiding to implement walking while building was not worth it.
Betelgeuse1284

Postby Sevenless » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:05 pm

Betelgeuse1284 wrote:I am taking back my comment about loving everything. Building change sucks ass. If i accidently shake mouse after releasing ctrl the position is gone. Not even talking about breaking the habit for nothing. The truth is noone needs to walk before they place final sign and breaking normally working buiding to implement walking while building was not worth it.

There are definitely use cases that exist. Precise road placement in mines is an example that I've used custom client workarounds to do.

Not saying this is a good way to achieve it though.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Tammer » Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:48 am

jorb wrote:
  • Holding Ctrl allows you to rotate the building, and walk with LMB.

This change has been pretty frustrating, mostly because the public custom clients have rotate on shift and fine placement on ctrl. The natural thing to do before would be to hold ctrl to place the dirt stockpile or herbalist table you're building, then left click. (That's still exactly how it works for placing a herbalist table or garden pot that you've already built and are holding over your head.) But now that makes you walk to the spot instead, so you have to back away and start over.

You could just revert the change that broke road building instead.

Or use alt + left click to walk (instead of ctrl).
Tammer

Postby jorb » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:36 pm

Tammer wrote:You could just revert the change that broke road building instead.

Sure, but it doesn't solve the problem we were trying to solve originally, namely that one cannot fine place milestone extensions.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby The_Blode » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:50 pm

Okay after skimming the thread i want hats on beehives as well as personal claims but mostly just the claims please i beg you
The_Blode

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements