Game Development: Planting Roster

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Planting Roster

Postby sMartins » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:37 pm

The numbers don't decide! :P

I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Austinh15 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:08 am

Man, I sure wish these were actually useful. Instead of taking like 1.5x the time to grow while also having a high chance of giving exactly what you put into it. (The first test I did showed 7/12 beds gave a yield of 1). Gardening should change from the lines of garden pots we have, to a more sustainable, and worth a damn system. Garden pots should be used to scale up your herbs, and these beds should be used to make large harvests. Other mechanics such as pruning, watering, and fertilizing could be interesting mechanics to increase the yield of your mound bed. There is so much that could be done with this system other than just simply making it a (by this point) way worse garden pot.

Edit: Also it's been TWO PATCHES since I brought up that mulch sounds like pavement when you walk on it. PLEASE fix this.
Austinh15

Postby ItsFunToLose » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:44 am

Austinh15 wrote:Image

Man, I sure wish these were actually useful. Instead of taking like 1.5x the time to grow while also having a high chance of giving exactly what you put into it. (The first test I did showed 7/12 beds gave a yield of 1). Gardening should change from the lines of garden pots we have, to a more sustainable, and worth a damn system. Garden pots should be used to scale up your herbs, and these beds should be used to make large harvests. Other mechanics such as pruning, watering, and fertilizing could be interesting mechanics to increase the yield of your mound bed. There is so much that could be done with this system other than just simply making it a (by this point) way worse garden pot.

Edit: Also it's been TWO PATCHES since I brought up that mulch sounds like pavement when you walk on it. PLEASE fix this.

At least it makes a sound. Water sounds like nothing when boating.
I like to air dribble.
ItsFunToLose

Postby Oddity » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:51 pm

jorb wrote:
  • Cave Bulbs now glow, much like in Legacy. Also works when planted.

why did this take 8+ years?
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby Sephiron » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:42 pm

Oddity wrote:
jorb wrote:

They literally just updated the lighting engine, da fuq u mean? Was it possible before then?
Sephiron

Postby jordancoles » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:13 am

Sephiron wrote:
Oddity wrote:
jorb wrote:

They literally just updated the lighting engine, da fuq u mean? Was it possible before then?

Pretty sure they just allowed for more lights to be on screen at the same time

The number used to be really low, like 5 or something
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby jorb » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:45 am

Oddity wrote:
jorb wrote:

Because lighting is kind of expensive if you do it for the whole scene. We just recently upd00ted the engine to support area local lights, allowing more, smaller lights on screen.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Sevenless » Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:44 pm

jorb wrote:
Oddity wrote:
jorb wrote:

Because lighting is kind of expensive if you do it for the whole scene. We just recently upd00ted the engine to support area local lights, allowing more, smaller lights on screen.

Ok, now add mirrors ¦]
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby springyb » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:07 pm

Austinh15 wrote:Edit: Also it's been TWO PATCHES since I brought up that mulch sounds like pavement when you walk on it. PLEASE fix this.

Your pain must be unbearable. Jorb, please, do not make this wretch suffer another cruel update of not patching exactly what he wants.
springyb

Postby Austinh15 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:32 pm

springyb wrote:
Austinh15 wrote:Edit: Also it's been TWO PATCHES since I brought up that mulch sounds like pavement when you walk on it. PLEASE fix this.

Your pain must be unbearable. Jorb, please, do not make this wretch suffer another cruel update of not patching exactly what he wants.

You underestimate how petty and whiny I can be about some arbitrary bug that doesn't affect gameplay at all.

Jorb understands what gameplay mechanics need attention. He understands my lack of a frontal lobe. <3
Austinh15

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements