DevStream 2022-12-18, 20:00 UTC

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: DevStream 2022-12-18, 20:00 UTC

Postby Vert » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:01 pm

spices, egg,and most of the food take too much space to operate in trading. only cheese and some sausage can be traded. maybe we can pack items 10 in 1 that will take time to pack it.
trader will get 1 house with 30 cupboards. do he really want to sell egg that cost literally nothing, and takes most of the space.

you cant buy milk and other liquid on stand only sell. you cant buy swill.

is there are some fast way to split coins?

Why raising feps take so much time? i dont want to eat i want to do bee dungeon. why i didnt get bee dungeon after 40 beehives.
Last edited by Vert on Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vert

Postby Exerosp » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:09 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:REMOVE PVP

Many survival games have retained their popularity because of pve (see ARK, stopped playing it in 2019 but I remember polls before and until then said something like 75% of players play pve)
Providing a server where you're not constantly at risk of pvp, will essentially kill pvp in the game too. But then Jorbtar will have to battle how griefing is handled and i'm not sure they're ready for that.
Exerosp

Postby ctopolon4 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:56 pm

Vert wrote:you cant buy milk and other liquid on stand only sell. you cant buy swill.

cant set buy but can ask a trader to make bill & attach it to barrel

Vert wrote:is there are some fast way to split coins?

RMB -> "make piles"
ctopolon4

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:36 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:If you want there to still be incentive to make markets, but want global high volume trade to be reasonable you could just let barter stands have infinite range & add more slots to barterstands. this would:

• Make building markets MUCH easier, hopefully meaning they will exist before everybody quits
  • Drastically reduce(but not entirely fix) the issue of weariness preventing newer players from traveling
  • Make bulk trade reasonable, at least for the buyer
  • Make trade in general much easier, EX if you want to sell eggs your selling-eggs-cupboards can just be right next to your coops

It seems like it'd be easy to implement considering there have previously been bugs to mimic the same behavior, and presumably easy to change back if it doesn't work out for w/e reason. I think a straight up auction house would be better, but this seems like a rly good/easy compromise to test if trivially easy trade could be one of haven's "killer features". I rly believe it could be

Rat-mail would fix literally all of these. Rat-mail when.
DDDsDD999

Postby gl2 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:07 am

SnuggleSnail wrote: Drastically reduce (but not entirely fix) the issue of weariness preventing newer players from traveling

As a variant: make travel range (TR) to depend not just on WIL, but also from overall sum of all stats and its balance.
So char with all stats at 10 and WIL at 30 (stats sum 120) has TR = 3X, but char with all stats at 100 and WIL 30 (sum a 830), will have TR only 0.3X.

TR = WIL / AVG(stats without WIL)

Stats have weight, and char need to have WIL to compensate it.

Or more hard-mode formula:

TR = WIL / MAX(stats without WIL)

This will let new players easy rise some WIL and travel far enough, but will shorten TR for more advanced players as they have more stats.
gl2

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:32 am

Eh, I don't think any amount of tweaking the formula with existing mechanics will make it as trivial as it needs to be for it to be reasonable for a nab to move 20 cupboards of nearly worthless bullshit to a market halfway across the map, unless you just make the numbers silly.

It feels kinda relevant to acknowledge that there have been several points during the game (Vidol porting, free roads) and it has never rly been anything but good. TW in general is such an anti-fun for absolutely no reason I don't understand why it's a thing at all. Even if they wanted to keep TW in general because stubborn for no reason, there's so many solutions that would mitigate 90% of the problems. Like, why do charters cost more than thingwalls? Why do charters cost anything? Why can't I port to a charter once and get a waylay buff that lets me travel to that charter for free for X period of time to more my bullshit instead of being expected to pay 80% of my weariness 30 times in a day just to setup stalls? Not only is it bad for no reason, it's bad for no reason with so many decentish potential compromises.

All that hyperbole complaining aside, I am still team auction house. Dev run market or auction house still the better way for trade to be facilitated.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby WowGain » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:13 am

it is disappointing that the devs still have yet to realize that the playerbase will 99% of the time have more well-formed and grounded thoughts and opinions of the game than them purely because the devs have an extremely narrow experience of what happens in the game
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Sevenless » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:49 pm

WowGain wrote:it is disappointing that the devs still have yet to realize that the playerbase will 99% of the time have more well-formed and grounded thoughts and opinions of the game than them purely because the devs have an extremely narrow experience of what happens in the game

Probably only 1% of the playerbase voices their opinions, and many games have been ruined by listening to everything players say. Devs always have a narrow viewpoint on the game, that's just how game devving works.

I'm on the fence here. To a degree, ignoring players is necessary. To a degree listening is required. I'm not sure what balance is best, and which players should be listened to?
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby ctopolon4 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:11 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote: nab to move 20 cupboards of nearly worthless bullshit to a market

nab dont have it
SnuggleSnail wrote:80% of my weariness 30 times in a day just to setup stalls

try to optimize that for 2 times per day (any nab with 40will can get anywhere 2times/day with pipestuff after sleeping on normal bed)(also Heartwood Leaves exists) (40+40 WILL dressSet as option for freaky trawellers)

most problem is that nobody buy||sell all ingame shit (bcause it 90% useless 90% of playtime) (only rare resources & ingridients || tokens on every stall) here is no hope on the market, much easier to make x2 botted production(metall, meat, milk, egg, spice, veggies) than hope for human factor in this game (especially when here 200+online)
market & trading is 90% larp atm imo
ctopolon4

Postby valeriesusanne » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:45 am

Zentetsuken wrote:The only solution that will balance this undeniable, gamebreaking problem quickly and efficiently is to REMOVE PVP.

This sounds good to me - my least favorite part of the game is getting the s#!t kicked out me for no good reason
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements