Game Development: Pocket Bundle

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Pocket Bundle

Postby landreaum » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:00 am

OblongNoodle wrote:Welp, broke my version of Ard Client. Can no longer inspect objects or repair objects. It was fun while it lasted...

That is happening on Enders too, seems to be an actual issue
landreaum

Postby OblongNoodle » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:01 am

landreaum wrote:
OblongNoodle wrote:Welp, broke my version of Ard Client. Can no longer inspect objects or repair objects. It was fun while it lasted...

That is happening on Enders too, seems to be an actual issue

Works fine on base client so not sure if they'll do anything to resolve
OblongNoodle

Postby bumfrog » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:03 am

loftar wrote:
bumfrog wrote:certain small items (namely, seeds and flour/dust/ash) are already stackable.

Well, regardless of perceived mechanical similarities, internally that is one item containing a substance of some amount, rather than multiple items actually stacking.

That is something I didn’t address but I don’t see how it affects what I was asking. To use your more accurate language, could you not rework certain items such as bones, branches, etc into this “substance containing item” class or object type (I am not familiar enough with js to speak in the most accurate terms) so they would be stackable?

loftar wrote: I wouldn't be quite so sure, at least not without introducing other new complexities to the UI. You would clearly not want the high-quality bones you pick up from an animal to auto-stack with the q10 bones that you happened to be carrying around, for example.

This seems even less applicable, based on what I was asking. Substances do not autostack on pickup, except for seeds which will only do so when their qualities are exactly identical upon harvest. (coins act the same way when crafted, iirc)

You’re interested in the upsides of these Bundles: that you can combine nonhomogenous items and retain their independent qualities, but assuming what I asked above is possible, can you not see that stacking would make more sense? Easier micromanagement, interacts more cleanly with crafting and especially stockpiles. You’d actually be able to tell what’s in a stack without right clicking it. Barter stands do not benefit at all from bundles of several different items instead of homogenous stacks; they have a limited number of sell/buy spaces far less than the number of spaces in a container.

Is it strictly a question of implementation?
Last edited by bumfrog on Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby boshaw » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:13 am

loftar wrote:
pagsiu wrote:if I select a spot with multiple containers using the new feature and only one of them has stuff inside, the barter stand that is connected to this spot shows "0 available"

Yes, that has always been a problem with barter poles as well. Should be fixed, but it's a fairly involved fix.

Seems like this is still broke. I placed with a new hand that takes as well and it's showing as 0 left on default. even with 1 item in each storage in the barter area

Tests, reopened stand after each one:
With 1 bundle item, with items inside, in only 1/5 storage shows 0 left
With 1 normal item in only 1/5 storage shows 0 left
With 1 bundle item, with items inside, in each of the 5 storage shows 0 left
With 1 normal item in each of the 5 storage shows 0 left

When I empty all of the storage manually it now shows the item, 0 left. Previously it would no longer display any icon/buy button. When it does bug out and show the icon still it completely breaks buying from this hand until i remove it's area and replace it. I even emptied storage, put a different item in and it still showed the old item. (This seems a bit buggy tho as sometimes it does go away, other times it won't when i try this. Not sure why it does it in some cases but not others. At a glance it seems to occur definitely with the bundle of meat i've tried, but not when it's not in a bundle.)

When I empty all of the storage by buying as many as i can it makes the icon/buy button disappear as expected.

Prior to this update the # left would be based off one of the storage with items inside it until that hit 0, then would go to another storage. Am I doing something wrong now?
boshaw

Postby Kyrex » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:23 am

Pockets and Bundles sound awesome!!!
I look forward to using them.
ImageImageImage
Kyrex

Postby Kyrex » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:28 am

Surely leaves should be bundlable??
ImageImageImage
Kyrex

Postby mulamishne » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:29 am

Perfect patch
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:51 am

100 li'l inventories inside my inventory very tedious to deal with

can't have pockets while in fighting gear
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:07 am

@loftar

What's wrong with this image?

if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby gravesmerch » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:17 am

strings bundles would help noobs a lot

cloth bundles also makes sense