Pre Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Pre Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Postby jorb » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:16 pm

Hi!

So, we had intended to post this patch tonight...

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Implemented item stacking proper. Certain items -- e.g. those which we had previously added bundles for, along with some others, notably stone -- now stack in type restricted stacks using the same icon and inventory size as a single item of that type.
    • Stacks are formed by right-clicking a stackable item with another item of the same type. Holding Shift while right-clicking will draw the maximum amount of such items into the stack, and holding Shift-Ctrl will attempt to create as many such stacks as you can from your current inventory.
    • Actions acquiring resources from nature (e.g. picking branches) tend to auto-stack whatever you're acquiring, whereas inventory transfers normally preserve existing stacks.
    • The local inventory of a stack is available on mouseover. You can pick items, mousewheel them out, &c&c.
    • Holding a stack and right-clicking another stack, or item of the type, will combine the stackables. Holding Alt while thus right-clicking will leave the combined stack on your cursor.
    • You can Shift-Right-click a stack to move one item out of it. You can Shift-Ctrl-Right-click to empty the stack entirely.
  • Sub-inventories (stacks, belts, keyrings, creels, &c) are now permanently available to the client. You can drag sub-inventories to detach them as traditional inventory windows.

TLDR: Added formal item stacking... but, as this involves some fairly major client changes which may break things for custom clients, and as we wanted to give you some time to merge those, I am instead posting about this here.

The latest c0d3z have been merged to the client repo since yesterday. We will be pushing changes requiring them on Tuesday.

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Pre Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Postby Beronica » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:19 pm

No wonder it has been so long since the last update.
Beronica

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:20 pm

Wtf neat? I wonder what this will break
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby loftar » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:21 pm

Beronica wrote:No wonder it has been so long since the last update.

Well, we also went down what turned out to be a wrong road, implementation-wise, so it includes a retake of the same concept.

Audiosmurf wrote:Wtf neat? I wonder what this will break

What would break is mainly that you wouldn't be able to get into your toolbelts/keyrings/purses/creels/&c without the client updates.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:21 pm

hey! thats cool! early world is gonna be so so so much better.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:22 pm

I don't really get what changed besides adding some hotkeys to bundles and making things sometimes auto-stack but cool.
DDDsDD999

Postby noindyfikator » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:23 pm

PRE PATCHMA! Nice QoL but I think more is coming after 2 months of development, right?
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby APXEOLOG » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:23 pm

Wow, looks interesting
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby Clemins » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:24 pm

Glad to see some fixes and appreciate the re-try of bundles, looking forward to trying this out next world

Deafult client drink key
Last edited by Clemins on Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clemins

Postby Beronica » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:26 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:I don't really get what changed besides adding some hotkeys to bundles and making things sometimes auto-stack but cool.

Items stack now. Instead of having some kind of stone take up 10 spaces in your inventory, you can stack it to where it may only take 1-2, but still have that 10. It is a major QOL improvement, especially for the early game where inventory space is at a premium.
Beronica

Next

Return to Announcements