Pre Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Pre Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Postby loftar » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:50 pm

I actually randomly happened upon the bug myself finally, so that way I was able to find and fix it. It was related to a cached value not being properly invalidated, so the circumstances under which it happened are somewhat complex.

gravesmerch wrote:checkout the vanishing seeds bug, before is long forgotten

This should already have been fixed since some time back.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby xyzzy57 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:39 am

Before the change, I could open my belt, and it would stay open, at least with the Ender client. The UI element I right clicked on to do that is still present, but only allows me to (re)move the belt. I *think* this UI element also existed in the standard client.

I loaded the standard client, and found the UI element I wanted is not currently present there. Moving items in and out of my belt has become much more tedious.

With the current version of the standard client I have to open the equipment screen, and hover the mouse over the belt to bring up a rectangle with the belt contents. This rectangle won't stay on the screen. It disappears when I take the mouse pointer out of it. E.g. to drag something in and out of the belt.

This makes everything involving the belt slower. I have to drag via the spot on the equipment screen, not to mention having the equipment screen (which is large) open and covering whatever else is going on. (This is not something I want to deal with if I find the wrong gear equipped when attacked. Or any other time, but it's particularly bed to have the large screen in the way during combat.)

I *think* this is new breakage in the official client. (I can't run this morning's version of the official client to check.)

Meanwhile, Ender's client is even more broken, having AFAICT no way at all to interact with belt contents, but I'll report that in the Ender client thread.
xyzzy57

Postby Kevin2023 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:46 pm

Why can i only stack raw meat, meat is meat, why can i not stack every peace of meat even when it is cooked.
Kevin2023

Postby trunneljaialai » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:52 am

i can not stackfireboy and watergirl too :(
trunneljaialai

Previous

Return to Announcements