Pre Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Pre Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Postby noindyfikator » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:31 pm

pagsiu wrote:Seems like a very nice patch, especially the sub-inventories change and autostacking. Thanks for giving client devs a heads-up. Also, decent hat, gonna buy it for sure. Keep up the good work.

what hat? you paid actor
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby JazminesAlts » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:35 pm

May we please have stacking for other food items? Turnips, carrots, butter, pipeweed leaves etc? its such a hassle when manually farming to have to keep running back to pick up things and go place them in stockpiles. this would also greatly improve cooking QOL the same way stacking meat has.

Also a suggestion for a future update: pumpkin mass slicing for seeds. Right click a stockpile of pumpkins, bucket in one hand, or barrel placed next to pile open, slice through as the seeds auto fill into the barrel and the slices go into inventory. also bundles/stacks of pumpkins would be extremely useful for people who farm them en masse.
JazminesAlts

Postby pagsiu » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:37 pm

noindyfikator wrote:
pagsiu wrote:Seems like a very nice patch, especially the sub-inventories change and autostacking. Thanks for giving client devs a heads-up. Also, decent hat, gonna buy it for sure. Keep up the good work.

what hat? you paid actor

The mushroom one, my dear quits-on-day-five friend ¦]
Literally no one.
pagsiu

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:38 pm

noindyfikator wrote:

what hat? you paid actor

what did I say?
Nightdawg wrote:the only sad part about this radio silence and 3 months till next patch is that it'll be just another 2 bugged untested shitty things + 1 hat patch, and the NPCs will hype the 2 bugged untested shitty things, buy another yearly sub and nothing will change

which is fine, but it do be a lil sad

what did I fucking say

lmaoooooo
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby lordgrunt » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:42 pm

loftar wrote:Jorb showed me this once, but we were never able to reproduce it again. If you have a consistent way of reproducing it, I'd love to know it.

like it was said before, happens every relog. not that hard to reproduce.

otherwise, seems like revolutionary implementation. props.
lordgrunt

Postby loftar » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:43 pm

lordgrunt wrote:like it was said before, happens every relog. not that hard to reproduce.

It doesn't for me. In fact, I've never managed to get it to happen to myself.

Is it in combination with something else that is equipped, with some buff/debuff, or anything else?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby bumfrog » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:46 pm

loftar wrote:As Jorb mentioned, everything that currently has a bundle will stack, so yes. I did also add pebbles for you, though.

:mrgreen: Excellent
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby boshaw » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:47 pm

Any chance we can get stairs and inner house doors to not block barter areas so that it can be fully placed within a full house floor?

Also will the Barter Stands # left on an item ever be updated to reflect the correct number for Barter Areas / Barter poles? It works properly for hands in inventories, but not via Barter poles / areas. Prior to last patch Barter Poles did show the current # left in the inventory it was taking from until it flipped to a new one.
boshaw

Postby lordgrunt » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:48 pm

i have several gear parts with multiple pockets. those seem to be ignored after reloging. re-equipping t-sacks or any gear part with pockets, resizes inventory to proper size. if logging out with full inventory, items 'hiden' are not lost, fortunately.
lordgrunt

Postby loftar » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:55 pm

lordgrunt wrote:i have several gear parts with multiple pockets. those seem to be ignored after reloging.

So do I, and I still can't figure out a way to reproduce it. Also tried while red-handed, btw.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements