Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Postby Jazminekhan » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:15 pm

loftar wrote:Pushed some more smaller accrued fixes that don't really warrant their own announcement:
  • When mousewheeling into inventories that only accept some items (eg. herbalist tables, smelters, &c), the transfer will try to find items in stacks (and also other container items) to see if something matches. It's a general mechanism, so I'm not sure if it might have some unintended consequences that are less desirable, but I haven't found any obvious yet.
  • The Drink action still uses the general autodrink mechanism that is invoked when out of stamina, but this mechanism has been augmented such that, if you have nothing drinkable bound to your hotbelt, it looks for anything drinkable that your character has. The intention is that if you don't care what you auto-drink or the order in which they are prioritized, just don't bind anything, and if you do, you can bind the things you want to drink.
  • If a chippable boulder is in the way when area-mining, the character will first prefer to chip down said rock. Hopefully this lessens the problem with boulders preventing area-mining.
  • The following things now stack: Feathers, entrails, intestines, animal fat, rendered fat, butter, eggs, and bone material.

Is there a projected window for vegetable stacking? Turnips, Carrots, Leeks etc.
Jazminekhan

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:47 pm

It seems you can no longer put fine bones into kilns anymore to turn them into bone ash which is VERY cringe. I'm pretty sure this was caused by this small fix because I was burning other bones like 2 days before without issue. plsfix...
ChildhoodObesity

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:00 pm

loftar wrote:Pushed some more smaller accrued fixes that don't really warrant their own announcement:
  • When mousewheeling into inventories that only accept some items (eg. herbalist tables, smelters, &c), the transfer will try to find items in stacks (and also other container items) to see if something matches. It's a general mechanism, so I'm not sure if it might have some unintended consequences that are less desirable, but I haven't found any obvious yet.
  • The Drink action still uses the general autodrink mechanism that is invoked when out of stamina, but this mechanism has been augmented such that, if you have nothing drinkable bound to your hotbelt, it looks for anything drinkable that your character has. The intention is that if you don't care what you auto-drink or the order in which they are prioritized, just don't bind anything, and if you do, you can bind the things you want to drink.
  • If a chippable boulder is in the way when area-mining, the character will first prefer to chip down said rock. Hopefully this lessens the problem with boulders preventing area-mining.
  • The following things now stack: Feathers, entrails, intestines, animal fat, rendered fat, butter, eggs, and bone material.

loftar w
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby reexar77 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:24 pm

Please confirm if growing troll mushrooms in mound bed inside of a mine is bugged , mushrooms grow inside mound beds , hoping mound beds don't copy the actions of beehives being inactive in caves , cause growing mushrooms inside of them makes sense.

But I have a troll shroom inside of one for more than 10 days now without any progress, is the period of time needed to mature in mount beds multiplied or they don't function for growing mushrooms in caves/mines?
The Infamous Alex A.K.A The Lion , The Fallen King , Destroyer of Worlds , Taker of women , Down under criminal , That one guy who forgets to bring his axe , Also lover of kittens and cupcakes , Stalker of mammoths and harvester of moss , Dispatcher of Russians , Rider of Buttstalion , Basement troll , Slayer of honeybuns , Romanian bane of nature
reexar77

Postby lordgrunt » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:31 pm

reexar77 wrote:a troll shroom inside of one for more than 10 days now without any progress

this explains your problem. those shrooms take 9 days while in normal pot but for mound beds time is increased like 1.5x. So, you have a few days to go still.
lordgrunt

Postby loftar » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:55 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:It seems you can no longer put fine bones into kilns anymore to turn them into bone ash which is VERY cringe. I'm pretty sure this was caused by this small fix because I was burning other bones like 2 days before without issue. plsfix...

Oops, accidentally did that when I reclassified some of the bone types. Should be fixed now.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby bumfrog » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:57 pm

no hat 4 this patch?
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby Clemins » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:58 pm

Clemins

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:09 pm

loftar wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:It seems you can no longer put fine bones into kilns anymore to turn them into bone ash which is VERY cringe. I'm pretty sure this was caused by this small fix because I was burning other bones like 2 days before without issue. plsfix...

Oops, accidentally did that when I reclassified some of the bone types. Should be fixed now.

poggers
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Betelgeuse1284 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:25 pm

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.

• Simple item drops should now, much like objects, remember their Last Owner, meaning that if you drop something on claimed land, you should be able to pick it back up again.
  • Fixed the old fuel bug and removed the work-around for it. Ovens/smelters/&c. no longer reset their progress when burning out, rather each item therein tracks the average fuel quality it has seen while burning, and uses that upon completion.

Hi guys, I thik one of these fixes broke something. Back then these (trespass and rummage) permissions were enough to add water to the cauldron, now you need to be given theft perms to do so. Please fix if to the way it was before if possible :prayemoji:
Betelgeuse1284

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements