Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Postby donbot » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:19 am

also, speaking of the mining changes will you focus on other changes listed here? they're kinda big too https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=74256
What amazes me more than how light the punishment was, is how nothing was done about it ingame. I'm actually starting to think people are frightened that you'll do it again, so to protect the server, they work with you instead of going against you, all in the hopes that you will leave the server alone.
donbot
Under curfew

Postby boshaw » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:28 am

loftar wrote:
boshaw wrote:Can this be extended to selling items to the barter stands as well?

Right, yes, that should be fixed, and should probably be an easy fix. I realized that the "sell multiple items" thing can actually be a somewhat tricky implementation since the barter stand needs the ability to revert the transaction if it's failing in the middle for whatever reason, which can be difficult to accomplish for multiple involved items. Will still consider if I can make it work, but recursing into stacks and containers for finding the "price items" should be simple enough.

Awesome yeah being able to sell directly from stacks would be really nice that way you don't need to unstack or turn off auto-stacking when doing stuff with it.

loftar wrote:
boshaw wrote:Also is the # left on Barter Stands being looked at still as it shows 0 always for Barter Areas & Barter Poles.

I'd like to fix it, but it's a fair bit tricky, especially for keeping properly updated. It was easy when we had neither areas or poles and the hand just had one inventory to monitor, but the multi-monitoring situation that would be required to be accurate with the current more complex situation would be a fair bit of work. Not saying it couldn't be done, but I feel it falls rather low on the work-to-output scale.

Long term even it would be interesting if it was possible to actually have a display where it would show you all of the items (or at least to a container) being sold from a Barter slot. Then you could pick which item within it you'd like for the price. There's some situations with Markets where the top item being sold could be lower Q than the next item in the slot which can be a bummer if you just spent a bunch of items to get the first one. Then you realize there was a better Q right behind it for the same price; however, this would certainly be a complex and big overhaul i'd imagine if you ever considered that to the UI and backend.
boshaw

Postby OblongNoodle » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:54 am

loftar wrote:Pushed some more smaller accrued fixes that don't really warrant their own announcement:
  • When mousewheeling into inventories that only accept some items (eg. herbalist tables, smelters, &c), the transfer will try to find items in stacks (and also other container items) to see if something matches. It's a general mechanism, so I'm not sure if it might have some unintended consequences that are less desirable, but I haven't found any obvious yet.
  • The Drink action still uses the general autodrink mechanism that is invoked when out of stamina, but this mechanism has been augmented such that, if you have nothing drinkable bound to your hotbelt, it looks for anything drinkable that your character has. The intention is that if you don't care what you auto-drink or the order in which they are prioritized, just don't bind anything, and if you do, you can bind the things you want to drink.
  • If a chippable boulder is in the way when area-mining, the character will first prefer to chip down said rock. Hopefully this lessens the problem with boulders preventing area-mining.
  • The following things now stack: Feathers, entrails, intestines, animal fat, rendered fat, butter, eggs, and bone material.

Will bone material stacks include specific bone types in near future?
OblongNoodle

Postby strpk0 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:25 am

loftar wrote:Pushed some more smaller accrued fixes that don't really warrant their own announcement:

You might be surprised at how impactful these types of "smaller" changes are. Please keep them coming!
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby pietin1 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:15 pm

Is Ender client still down? I still get Error and can't log on
pietin1

Postby loftar » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:53 pm

pietin1 wrote:Is Ender client still down? I still get Error and can't log on

Again, what is the error?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby dagrimreefah » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:06 pm

loftar wrote:
pietin1 wrote:Is Ender client still down? I still get Error and can't log on

Again, what is the error?

dagrimreefah

Postby riker88 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:53 am

I'm getting the same thing, worked fine 2 days ago (last time i logged in)

I Use ENDER Client

haven.launcher.ValidationException: Could not validate https://enderwiggin.github.io/hafen/hafen.hl
at haven.launcher.Resource.validate(Resource.java:55)
at haven.launcher.Resource.update(Resource.java:78)
at haven.launcher.Driver.run(Driver.java:112)
at haven.launcher.Driver.main(Driver.java:202)
Suppressed: haven.launcher.ValidationException: file not downloaded over tls connection signed with key:rsa:BE50EC434C6FD13BDCD2C445EA0BC2E574DA0DB99D02C992840AD234495FB3D3
at haven.launcher.Validator$TlsKeyValidator.validate(Validator.java:43)
at haven.launcher.Resource.validate(Resource.java:49)
... 3 more
riker88

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:02 am

lol
> Could not validate https://enderwiggin.github.io/hafen/hafen.hl
> Loftar needs to know
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby dagrimreefah » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:03 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:lol
> Could not validate https://enderwiggin.github.io/hafen/hafen.hl
> Loftar needs to know

I mean, he asked
dagrimreefah

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements