Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Postby TerraSleet » Mon May 01, 2023 1:42 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:how it works (retarded) with 500 latency:
Code: Select all
000MS Rclick object
250MS server acknowledges flower menu is open
250MS server sends FM options back to the client
500MS client receives flower menu option > assume client choose option instantly for simplicity
750MS server receives flower menu choice, acknowledges flower menu is still open
750MS perform action

^ This is unironically the reason there was not a single high latency fighter "good" enough to fight on grassland prior to widget predict being wide spread. During W10 w/o widget predict I'd be stunned just from drinking more than 50% of the time on grassland.

Well that explains why this game becomes basically unplayable when my garbage internet connection shits itself every few hours. No reason for the flower menu option processing code to be server side - the server's job should just be to verify the option picked is a valid one and not a cheat packet like "empty someone else's waterskins" or "turn this item into a Q-1million B12".
TerraSleet

Postby noindyfikator » Mon May 01, 2023 9:41 pm

jorb wrote:
noindyfikator wrote:Any update about radio silence and aiming for doing better?
What about monthly dev streams?

Easter and various other committments. We are developing as usual, but aiming to focus on bigger goals, rather than patches, though I hope we can also release a patch within the next week or so.

Will consider streaming this month.

It's been a while and "This month" ended yesterday. Do you consider current month? I mean, May?
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby bumfrog » Fri May 05, 2023 5:55 pm

deadgame.gif
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby The_Blode » Fri May 05, 2023 10:37 pm

bumfrog wrote:deadgame.gif

way to break the four day streak of no posts in the announcements section, sport
for shame
The_Blode

Postby 524u » Sat May 06, 2023 1:38 pm

It would be really cool, if developers could give us some info about current development process or at least if they plan to stream
I mean, hey, we even don't know what they are doing, what are they plans, new stuff or bug fixing etc.

Maybe more transparency?
B)
524u

Postby bumfrog » Sat May 06, 2023 2:41 pm

524u wrote:It would be really cool, if developers could give us some info about current development process or at least if they plan to stream
I mean, hey, we even don't know what they are doing, what are they plans, new stuff or bug fixing etc.

Maybe more transparency?

heh, you didn’t read the PM loftar sent to a single user 2 weeks ago?

They’ve been very transparent, if you pay even the slightest bit of attention (ie scour semiprivate discords/be friend of a friend of the 5 people they actually communicate with on a remotely regular basis)
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby 524u » Sat May 06, 2023 2:55 pm

uh, Thanks for clarification, but I think you should not sent this image (feels too personal)?
but yeah, as in PM, they could just write one post

Now I feel I'm too impatient :?
B)
524u

Postby noindyfikator » Sat May 06, 2023 5:52 pm

524u wrote:Now I feel I'm too impatient :?

????? Dude, it's been almost half a year when they stopped releasing regular patches.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Audiosmurf » Sat May 06, 2023 9:10 pm

bumfrog wrote:
524u wrote:It would be really cool, if developers could give us some info about current development process or at least if they plan to stream

Maybe more transparency?

heh, you didn’t read the PM loftar sent to a single user 2 weeks ago?

They’ve been very transparent, if you pay even the slightest bit of attention (ie scour semiprivate discords/be friend of a friend of the 5 people they actually communicate with on a remotely regular basis)

You should commit suicide and/or be banned
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby bumfrog » Sat May 06, 2023 9:24 pm

no u xd
bumfrog
Under curfew

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements