Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Postby bumfrog » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:28 pm

loftar wrote:I'd also like to state that, purely codewise, this update is larger than some wipes

jinxed it
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby Baba_Ji » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:29 pm

mass-pulling from a fish stockpile of 2x tile sized fish does not result in all of them being automatically bundled in your inventory.

Also we should be able to make a stockpile from the stack itself, being forced to go inside the stack first to select an item and then creating a stockpile is an annoying extra step.

Also no clue why you recently changed ctrl and shift functionality for fine placement and rotation, this introduces problems you know?
Baba_Ji

Postby APXEOLOG » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:29 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:this is where the real entertainment is, no need to even log in

Well, at least you get this for free. With the modern games you are required to pay for early access to have this experience
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby abt79 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:38 pm

jorb wrote:The local inventory of a stack is available on mouseover. You can pick items, mousewheel them out, &c&c.

Hold on, if I’m understanding correctly this is kind of unique. Does this imply the possibility of adding mouseover support to other item submenus, and therefore removal of the dreaded Flower-Menus?
abt79

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:57 pm

no bollock bundle big bissed bopportunity
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby boshaw » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:00 am

Seems like certain meats no longer can stack? Before the update I had bundles of Swan and Bee meat. I took them out of their old bundles and now it appears you can't stack these meat types compared to some of the others that still do work.
boshaw

Postby loftar » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:01 am

Audiosmurf wrote:no bollock bundle big bissed bopportunity

Right, I forgot to fix the missing raw meats stacks when the server was down. I'll wait a bit and see if something else turns up before restarting again.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:02 am

Hell ya, Keep up the good work.
Alrighty, time to boot that vanilla client and log bugs.
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:04 am

loftar wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:no bollock bundle big bissed bopportunity

Right, I forgot to fix the missing raw meats stacks when the server was down. I'll wait a bit and see if something else turns up before restarting again.

jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby leeharvy » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:07 am

How is this better?

Is there a was to turn off this auto stacking?, i dont want an inventory that wont drop into ground piles. and auto piles dont show qual levels..... how is this the answer?
leeharvy

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements