Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:10 am

leeharvy wrote:and auto piles dont show qual levels...

Objection: Quality showing on items is a custom client feature

Playing around with this it does feel a little fiddly having to fish things out of the auto-generated stacks, and I think it might get a little annoying if I'm rummaging a pile for a specific high Q hide or something. Maybe I'll get used to it, overall I think I like the implementation.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby eliminator » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:14 am

loftar wrote:I'd also like to state that, purely codewise, this update is larger than some wipes, so I'd really appreciate it if y'all would kindly report any bugs you find this time instead of exploiting them silently, in memory of other recent updates.

How's progress on OCO (Id imagine this will be a reason for a wipe for sure) loftar, would you kindly share your thoughts or maybe even rant on forums like you did with rendering track?

Edit: had to try :(
Last edited by eliminator on Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
eliminator

Postby ThorleifCleaver » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:16 am

Honestly, it seems like a massive amount of effort for a feature I, personally, will rarely use. Maybe I'm missing something, but the autostacking seems like it will get in the way more than anything.
ThorleifCleaver

Postby leeharvy » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:22 am

Audiosmurf wrote:

im pretty sure turning on qual showing is a toggle in reg client.
i some times turn it on by accident and get a double image.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-03-07 152705.png
Screenshot 2023-03-07 152705.png (134.24 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Last edited by leeharvy on Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
leeharvy

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:24 am

leeharvy wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:

im pretty sure turning on qual showing is a toggle in reg client.
i some times turn it on by accident and get a double image.

You know what my b I remember that now I think

thoughever........
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby bumfrog » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:35 am

ThorleifCleaver wrote:Honestly, it seems like a massive amount of effort for a feature I, personally, will rarely use. Maybe I'm missing something, but the autostacking seems like it will get in the way more than anything.

I don’t think you understand. Certain items now autostack when picked/collected (rocks, branches, fish, etc). You WILL stack the bugs.
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby ThorleifCleaver » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:04 am

bumfrog wrote:I don’t think you understand. Certain items now autostack when picked/collected (rocks, branches, fish, etc). You WILL stack the bugs.

Great. My belt wouldn't open, so I haven't really explored the enforced choice. On an unrelated note, the custom clients have nice little submenus to turn features on/off, like autodrop. Just saying. Also, if we are so concerned with the mechanics of storage, why not double or quadruple the sizes of piles? Because--and I didn't check, mind--wouldn't stacks of rocks in a single chest be far more than a stockpile?
ThorleifCleaver

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:08 am

Mushrooms and herbs seem like obvious bundling candidates, but are we actively trying to maintain the utility of wicker pickers? (I think doing so is correct.)

NORMALIZE IT
Audiosmurf

Postby loftar » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:13 am

I do believe most herbs already stack.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:17 am

loftar wrote:I do believe most herbs already stack.

I tried the various potted herbs I had kicking around and none of them worked. Not meaning to sound snarky, but can you provide an example of a plant that's not flower-stockpilable that stacks? Also add berries to my previous post. And leaves.

Bundles for everything modest capacity

Edit: continued testing is showing "flowers only" holding true. I can, for example, stack cavebulbs but not rustroots. That said, I personally think this is kind of good and leaves space for wicker pickers but I feel like a grew an extra wife when I said that.

NORMALIZE IT
Audiosmurf

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements