Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Postby loftar » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:42 am

No, yes, you're right, it's mostly flowers right now (since they had bundles), I just remembered it wrong.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby leeharvy » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:49 am

Is there a way to turn off autostack?
right now if i grab a pile of ore to put in smelter they all auto stack into piles of 3 with no way to see qual.
the cluster fuckery of unbudling each and every pile to sort is hell
like alt shift click to pick up pile makes no auto stack?
Last edited by leeharvy on Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
leeharvy

Postby SiO2 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:57 am

leeharvy wrote:right now if i grab a pile of ore to put in smelter they all auto stack into piles of 3 with no way to see qual.

QoL
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:57 am

loftar wrote:No, yes, you're right, it's mostly flowers right now (since they had bundles), I just remembered it wrong.

jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Terp65 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:59 am

kind of agree, have a best smelter and i prefer to put high q ores there, a real pain trying to sort through.
Terp65

Postby ThorleifCleaver » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:09 am

leeharvy wrote:Is there a way to turn off autostack?
right now if i grab a pile of ore to put in smelter they all auto stack into piles of 3 with no way to see qual.

Don't seeds already autostack by quality? Why not do that here?

You know, in a game where quality is the defining mechanic, this approach to inventory management seems slightly misguided. I don't mind the idea of creating stacks, but I dislike having them enforced, requiring more work on my part to separate everything. Maybe put in an option to disable autostacking/enable it with sorting options (quality, type, etc.).
ThorleifCleaver

Postby leeharvy » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:14 am

right now this constant having to shift silly piles into and out of piles make inventory management so frustrating i dont see myself continuing, i agree completely getting more space is a desirable outcome. but to fiddle around with convoluted separating autopiled and piling inside my inventory is busted broke
leeharvy

Postby Austinh15 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:22 am

Guys, why didn't we just make it a hotkey. Or why not actually let this screen do what it implies it does (at least to me),
and allow me to take elements and keybind them GLOBALLY. I don't want to change the keybind for something IN the survival menu. Am I misunderstanding how this functionality SHOULD work or was this intended to work this way?

EDIT: Let me also give you a use case here. I now have to bind this key to 1 through 0 right? On the "hotbelt" as it's now been called.
Let's say I'm being chased by some big bad RMT titan retard who is using the money from this game to hide from the Russian Draft, and I try to drink. Good thing we now have the trusty drink adventure key that I've added to my HOTBELT.
I'm currently in combat and need to run! Let me press my "1" key so I don't run out of stamina!!!!!
Wait... I pressed the 1 key and RAN at the big mean man and now I'm literally killing myself against his q400 to 500 b12. Drat! If only I could bind this drink key to literally ANYTHING else.
I guess technically you could bind it to 6 but my god if you expect me to reach to the 6 key every time I need to take a sip you're mistaken.
Last edited by Austinh15 on Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Austinh15

Postby loftar » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:41 am

Will certainly consider a toggle for auto-stacking.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:43 am

jorb wrote:Added a "Drink" action, as it has been repeatedly requested. (Adventure->Drink). This drink action simply invokes the normal auto-drinking behavior of drinking from any hotkeyed vessel, which may be less than what you expect from a perfect drink action, but it was easy enough to implement. Feel entirely free to suggest changes.

Can I change the code in the client so that my 50 waterskins don't have to be hotkeyed on 9 buttons? Asking for a friend.
This would probably also allow me to add on this even more, and have options like choosing if I want to drink only from hotkeyed containers, or all containers, or if I only want to drink from containers that have water in them.

Also can I change the code to make it a global hotkey, rather than having to keybind the action to the actionbar?

Also, I can't remember if vanilla has action bar paging, but if it does, and I keybind all 50 waterskins on action bar pages, will this button drink from those as well?

Thanks
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements