Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Postby vatas » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:41 pm

Cool, now add a way to see if toggle is on/off without having to toggle it to the other position (and back if it was already in desired position.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby loftar » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:51 pm

vatas wrote:Cool, now add a way to see if toggle is on/off without having to toggle it to the other position (and back if it was already in desired position.)

Yeah, I know. I do want to do that, but the way in which I want to do it depends on a slightly larger rewrite of the action menu as a whole that I haven't fully thought through yet.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby _Scipio » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:05 pm

loftar wrote:The server is now patched with a couple of small fixes:
  • There is a toggle for auto-stacking (under the Adventure->Toggles menu). It defaults to off, but saves its value per-character.
  • With an up-to-date client, container items (toolbelts/creels/&c) can now be toggled into and out of windows either by right-clicking them or by binding them to the hotbelt. That is, in addition to dragging them out of their frames.
  • Also fixed a bug where auto-stacking doesn't work properly in some situations.

mizdirector89 wrote: No, their version of 'interrogating' was just saying 'speak up, you better talk' over and over while they killed our characters.

Warriors of Annihilation
_Scipio

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:10 pm

Stackable buckets (different bucket sizes so you can put them inside each other)
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby 524u » Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:51 pm

• There is a toggle for auto-stacking (under the Adventure->Toggles menu). It defaults to off, but saves its value per-character.
  • With an up-to-date client, container items (toolbelts/creels/&c) can now be toggled into and out of windows either by right-clicking them or by binding them to the hotbelt. That is, in addition to dragging them out of their frames.
  • Also fixed a bug where auto-stacking doesn't work properly in some situations.

Thank you!
B)
524u

Postby Jazminekhan » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:46 pm

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO US!

As so many have already requested, can you please add stacking for Eggs, Wool, and Crops/Seeds?

If you're so resilient to make farming easier, consider making this an unlockable feature for the farmer credo.

Thanks
Jazminekhan

Postby Credoboy31 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:19 am

Perfect. There are definitely niche situations where stacking gets in the way and this solves that neatly. I love this new OP feature
Credoboy31

Postby 524u » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:56 am

I noticed that not every tree bough is stackable

for example:
Spruce bough is stackable, but fir bough isn't
B)
524u

Postby gravesmerch » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:55 pm

pretty neat, ideally you could choose which item to auto stack in the futre
gravesmerch

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:31 pm

did u scrap the neat looking bundle art? kind of liked the aesthetic of it.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements