Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun May 07, 2023 3:52 am

I just think when someone tells you they have funerals to deal with you shouldn't be a cunt, cunt
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby TerraSleet » Sun May 07, 2023 8:43 am

With how hostile some people in the community are towards the devs, it honestly doesn't surprise me that they keep to themselves. I wouldn't want to hang out with a bunch of people who repeatedly berated my work and called me names either - regardless of whether or not they have valid points.
TerraSleet

Postby reexar77 » Sun May 07, 2023 10:20 am

TerraSleet wrote:With how hostile some people in the community are towards the devs, it honestly doesn't surprise me that they keep to themselves. I wouldn't want to hang out with a bunch of people who repeatedly berated my work and called me names either - regardless of whether or not they have valid points.

Preach :)
The Infamous Alex A.K.A The Lion , The Fallen King , Destroyer of Worlds , Taker of women , Down under criminal , That one guy who forgets to bring his axe , Also lover of kittens and cupcakes , Stalker of mammoths and harvester of moss , Dispatcher of Russians , Rider of Buttstalion , Basement troll , Slayer of honeybuns , Romanian bane of nature
reexar77

Postby Massa » Sun May 07, 2023 9:38 pm

sie

ge
TerraSleet wrote:With how hostile some people in the community are towards the devs, it honestly doesn't surprise me that they keep to themselves. I wouldn't want to hang out with a bunch of people who repeatedly berated my work and called me names either - regardless of whether or not they have valid points.

we are paying customers and long term residents of these streets

jorb doesn't give a shit about swastikas and dicks and has been around the block, he is not afraid of zesty words, and you're probably the reason the world is a shithole
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby pawnchito » Sun May 07, 2023 9:45 pm

Dirt not being included in this stack business is kind of a boof. Mining greatly benefited and leveling could be solved with this change. Probably already been expressed in this thread a ton but yah that would make leveling bitchin'.
pawnchito

Postby TerraSleet » Sun May 07, 2023 10:20 pm

Massa wrote:we are paying customers and long term residents of these streets

I don't see how paying a subscription or being around for a while entitles you to berate the devs. Also you don't speak for every paying customer. If the game is so bad that you feel the need to attack the creators for it... then why stick around? There's thousands of other games to play instead.

If you REALLY want the game to change, and you're serious about it, being abusive towards the people who actualize those changes is about the worst method I can think of. Imagine trying to get a pay raise from your boss by calling him a retard every week for not implementing X management strategy or Y workflow improvement.

Massa wrote:jorb doesn't give a shit about swastikas and dicks and has been around the block, he is not afraid of zesty words, and you're probably the reason the world is a shithole

I didn't say anything about "zesty words" or the state of the world. But sure I'm the Big Bad, causer of all the world's problems. I get that you're frustrated, but come on now this has nothing to do with politics.
TerraSleet

Postby pawnchito » Sun May 07, 2023 10:55 pm

TerraSleet wrote:
Massa wrote:we are paying customers and long term residents of these streets

I don't see how paying a subscription or being around for a while entitles you to berate the devs. Also you don't speak for every paying customer. If the game is so bad that you feel the need to attack the creators for it... then why stick around? There's thousands of other games to play instead.

If you REALLY want the game to change, and you're serious about it, being abusive towards the people who actualize those changes is about the worst method I can think of. Imagine trying to get a pay raise from your boss by calling him a retard every week for not implementing X management strategy or Y workflow improvement.

Massa wrote:jorb doesn't give a shit about swastikas and dicks and has been around the block, he is not afraid of zesty words, and you're probably the reason the world is a shithole

I didn't say anything about "zesty words" or the state of the world. But sure I'm the Big Bad, causer of all the world's problems. I get that you're frustrated, but come on now this has nothing to do with politics.

The thing is though, if you give suggestions and try and provide solid feedback or you shit on the devs the same thing happens. So people get increasingly more frustrated because we are all so invested in it.

sorry for the plagiarism
pawnchito

Postby The_Blode » Mon May 08, 2023 3:31 pm

I don't feel entitled to a novel-length blogpost every week, but I'm pretty fucking baffled how a couple of you think that posting
sorry we're really busy with some personal stuff, can't provide details, thanks for your patience

is "hanging out with people who hate you and want you dead" or some shit

Being subjected to an extended period of radio silence with the rare "stuff is coming" post isn't something that sits well with users who pay monthly (not me). Pretending there's some immense divide between customer and dev preventing ANY kind of communication is just retardation for retardation's sake
The_Blode

Postby TerraSleet » Mon May 08, 2023 3:43 pm

The_Blode wrote:"hanging out with people who hate you and want you dead"

Didn't say that.
immense divide between customer and dev preventing ANY kind of communication

Didn't say that either.

That's a lot of hyperbole.
TerraSleet

Postby The_Blode » Tue May 09, 2023 2:55 pm

hyperbole begets hyperbole