Game Development: Loose Velvet

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Loose Velvet

Postby KwonChiMin » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:37 pm

Does it mean that there are no more "wild" slimes/boreworms? Those dwelling in caves in general. Or this concerns only miners deathtraps?
KwonChiMin

Postby loftar » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:05 pm

displaced wrote:So you removed area mining blockage from boulders and instead you implement a new type of spawn that does the exact same thing?

Well, I mean, they spawn where monsters would have previously spawned, and I expect they would've interrupted mining anyway, so I don't think anything is made worse by this, and as such they are obviously far less common than boulders.

KwonChiMin wrote:Does it mean that there are no more "wild" slimes/boreworms? Those dwelling in caves in general. Or this concerns only miners deathtraps?

Just the miner deathtraps.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby TheUltimateC » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:33 pm

screen.png
screen.png (24.08 KiB) Viewed 629 times
Do it already, you've been copy pasting this for years. Just pull the plug, in times of crisis innovations will arise.
Last edited by TheUltimateC on Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheUltimateC

Postby lordgrunt » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:06 pm

What just happened.... great patch.
lordgrunt

Postby saltyfish » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:54 pm

With new patch my mining gets interrupted each few tiles, if not each tile (using Ard client). If it is the designed mechanics, this new thing is a game killer: your turned mining into manual-per-tile mining.
That behavior vanished in couples of hours (love change for supports!)

Other improvements to mining:
- Remove those loose rock things - they are irrelevant and just adding white noise. We already have spanning slimes, warms, and trolls.
- Fix mine level generation. Level 9 is already nerfed to the degree it can be considered useless unless you do extensive botting in search of tiny clusters of quality materials. Return some quality to deep levels, at least for stones.
- Prevent mine tile spawning boulders and critters together the same time!
- Add small delay for slimes before they aggro after they are mined out
- increase the probability finding larger star shard in deeper caverns
Last edited by saltyfish on Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
saltyfish

Postby vatas » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:02 pm

loftar wrote:
displaced wrote:So you removed area mining blockage from boulders and instead you implement a new type of spawn that does the exact same thing?

Well, I mean, they spawn where monsters would have previously spawned, and I expect they would've interrupted mining anyway, so I don't think anything is made worse by this, and as such they are obviously far less common than boulders.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Even if this patch can be critiqued for being just indirect rollbacks of unwanted changes and adding stuff that should've been added years ago, but devs still deserve acknowledgement that they did good this time.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Pickard » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:01 pm

jorb wrote: [*] Ore Quality variance now takes effect per tile, rather than per piece of ore. This means that, all other things being equal, all ore from any single mine tile will be of uniform quality.

So whats the difference if every tile still random quality?

Anything about slimes quantity? Still spawns 10+ groups or 5+ worms?

Does this changes affects trolls spawn?
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:46 pm

god bless, ty for the great update
ChildhoodObesity

Postby CSPAN » Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:10 am

"Thank you very much."
-All of the miners
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:23 am

Killing it! This patch is sold all around; Loose Rock/Support's HP huge quality of life to mining. As for Ore's quality variance, it looks like a good normalization with a small sample size. <more mining data required>
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements