Prelude: World 15

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 15

Postby razfen » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:56 pm

Ok so now if weapon qualities get up to the level of a one month old server, b12s will just oneshot everyone at 20 openings?
MagicManICT wrote:Not really any purpose of this thread other than to get a simple answer that some of you special children don't seem to know how to give. Everyone's got to be a fukkin comedian....
razfen

Postby Necrisha » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:11 pm

Honestly the fastest way to delink foragers credo/bunny slippers from pvp would be to have a speed debuff on running with bunny slippers/credo whenever the attackers target is a hearthling.

Oh wait it's pvpers wanting to kill sprucecaps that don't like the credo.
Necrisha

Postby Dawidio123 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:15 pm

Necrisha wrote:Honestly the fastest way to delink foragers credo/bunny slippers from pvp would be to have a speed debuff on running with bunny slippers/credo whenever the attackers target is a hearthling.

The first part is just retarded, idk, never do the credo because you might do pvp, are you stupid?

I don't need the credo to kill a sprucecap, they will just stop drinking at some point because they are retarded. Removing critter chasing speed buffs actually makes it so it's easier for them to runaway since the only advantage you can get is a speed boost which you just run into instead of needing a good client or csgo reflexes to click each critter that appear, so it is actually a positive change for spruce caps.

It mostly affects actual pvp between equal parties, and makes it more based on being able to manage your stamina well and speed boosts, instead of good client that autoaims the critters that appear. Killing hermits is easy as it is rn.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Chacer » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:18 pm

Damage of wild animals, cave ins, steel weapons , etc with 100hps??

I hope the constitution works well and reduces the damage a lot, otherwise it will be unplayable.
Chacer

Postby stickman » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:40 pm

I really hope you change up the early world again...I liked this current world how you changed up how mineholes and metal was done. It kept people in a pre-metal age for awhile... I actually would like this extended out further to slow the game down some more. The downside is that you run out of things to do while you wait for the minehole... i think you could work on other activities that are possible with low perc/exploration and no combat.

If you guys are not willing to do a combat system rework could you at least do a changeup of the moves themselves to make things more interesting... like play with the colors/values of the most used PVP moves... or add new moves to compliment moves that dont get used much... there are so many moves that dont get used at all!

A suggestion for this might be... if you do a big attacks that require IP maybe it raises your own openings when you perform them indicating that such a big attack renders you off balance/vulnerable?
Another suggestion could be a dual weapon maneuver that is kinda simular to parry maybe... has some kind of defensives mechanism or maybe an overwhelming component (attacking quickly with dual weapons gives X bonus) making u kind of like a berserker type build.

I would like to see boot blades or boots that add damage like brass knuckles... or just some love for the Kick attack in general
I would like to see a staff weapon type that uses either staves or spears that can perform a yellow sweeping style attack.
I would like to see mace/club stuff as well.
I would like to see buffs for moves that arnt used like haymaker, kick, low blow, takedown, rip appart

new dagger stab move?
back dagger/pommel strike?
sheild bash?
stickman

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:49 pm

razfen wrote:Ok so now if weapon qualities get up to the level of a one month old server, b12s will just oneshot everyone at 20 openings?

No. If a player's constitution increases at the same rate as the other player's strength and weapon quality, the weapon damage will remain the same.
If a player's constitution increases faster than their opponents strength and weapon quality, the weapon will do less damage over time.

If your weapon quality or strength is much lower than one or the other, then the weapon will do less damage, favoring the lower number, much like when your strength or pickaxe quality is much lower than the other.

Why this change?
What they've more or less done is made it so that having better industry or more strength/less con isn't as important in the outcome of fights as it used to be, because differences in damage dealt and damage received is heavily curved, much like differences in agility and UA/MC between participants.
Last edited by Robben_DuMarsch on Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby gravesmerch » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:50 pm

Necrisha wrote:Honestly the fastest way to delink foragers credo/bunny slippers from pvp would be to have a speed debuff on running with bunny slippers/credo whenever the attackers target is a hearthling

if "Nice Things" debuff works it could make Coracles great again, along with horses and kicksleds... the fact this debuff doesnt exist it's probably because is not possible
gravesmerch

Postby Dawidio123 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:02 am

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:Why this change?
What they've more or less done is made it so that having better industry or more strength/less con isn't as important in the outcome of fights as it used to be, because differences in damage dealt and damage received is heavily curved, much like differences in agility and UA/MC between participants.

In theory yes, in practice people will bring alts with 100-200 stats (that receive like 1.25-1.5x damage compared to 400-600 char) that will act as blockers and bows will probably be unbalanced af (either op or downright useless). It never was about the stats in fights, it was always about number of people you bring.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Necrisha » Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:48 am

Dawidio123 wrote:
Necrisha wrote:Honestly the fastest way to delink foragers credo/bunny slippers from pvp would be to have a speed debuff on running with bunny slippers/credo whenever the attackers target is a hearthling.

The first part is just retarded, idk, never do the credo because you might do pvp, are you stupid?

I don't need the credo to kill a sprucecap, they will just stop drinking at some point because they are retarded. Removing critter chasing speed buffs actually makes it so it's easier for them to runaway since the only advantage you can get is a speed boost which you just run into instead of needing a good client or csgo reflexes to click each critter that appear, so it is actually a positive change for spruce caps.

It mostly affects actual pvp between equal parties, and makes it more based on being able to manage your stamina well and speed boosts, instead of good client that autoaims the critters that appear. Killing hermits is easy as it is rn.

Hence the attacker bit- you peace, you get the speed buff back, and opponent still has debuff. funny how you didn't think of that basic bit.
Necrisha

Postby kirion » Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:56 am

I couldn't glean much from the video, but it seems like we're getting... lava! inb4 lava boat.

EDIT: And is that large container next to the door new?
Last edited by kirion on Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
kirion

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements