Game Development: World 15

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 15

Postby WowGain » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:06 pm

Kaios wrote:The only players complaining about such exploits are the very same ones that use/abuse them. Guarantee that the majority of players don’t bother with crap like hungercide and the only impact it has on their game are assholes using those tactics to gain further advantage in their griefing adventures.

I certainly agree such issues should be resolved, but stop pretending that you’re so magnanimous for reporting something you have likely abused long before your reports anyways like every other exploit you take advantage of to ruin each world time and time again.

i died twice last world, once due to an orca, the second time because i was high and thought itd be funny to try to swim across a really wide river (it was).
i dont report strategies i use and hungercide is lame, but given that the devs seem completely obstinate about doing anything about it and their attitude in the latest stream was just "uhh idc", i guess its a dev-supported strategy that ill need to start utilizing from now on.

youre a giant fucking baby, kaios.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Apocoreo » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:37 am

Sorry forgot to log out the ol' alt account above, just want you to know I'm a real boy.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Kaios » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:11 pm

calm down guys, you're starting to sound like me
Kaios

Postby Apocoreo » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:03 am

Kaios wrote:calm down guys, you're starting to sound like me

No
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby jesi » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:57 pm

i would just like to say that the opening of World 15 was very cool for me. I loved the first 15 minutes. So many naked bodies flying by with no sense of hiding. Yet, the thrill of being hunted was implanted in the community as well.

And for what it's worth, Jorb and Loftar are video game gods. Unrecognized for the most part, but gods nonetheless.
[quote="hazzor"]
it's this issue of people mistaking convenience for laziness or "casual" gameplay, . . . there is no reason why not to have sacks . . .
jesi

Postby The_Blode » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:33 pm

My heart definitely stopped for a moment when i spawned in next to three floating corpses
The_Blode

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:29 am

The_Blode wrote:My heart definitely stopped for a moment when i spawned in next to three floating corpses

Imagine if you'd been PK'ed. You'd have lost all that hard earned LP and FEP from your 0:01 seconds of playing.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby The_Blode » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:54 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:
The_Blode wrote:My heart definitely stopped for a moment when i spawned in next to three floating corpses

Imagine if you'd been PK'ed. You'd have lost all that hard earned LP and FEP from your 0:01 seconds of playing.

It was mostly just a reflexive "AHH, PLAYERS ON MY MINIMAP" fear response from years of playing off and on, and numerous world starts where people aren't spawned around some form of central object

on that note i want to say i like the "no starting with a hearthfire" change. Making the first one yourself really puts more significance on it being YOUR hearthfire.
The_Blode

Previous

Return to Announcements