Game Development: World 15

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 15

Postby Kearn » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:27 am

loftar wrote:
loftar wrote:We'll be trying a tweak to the food mechanic to make it easier to recover energy without ruining hunger. The changes are thus:
[*]The "hard-labor cap" (for digging and mining) has been set to 2500% energy instead of the current 5000%.

i dont think this was actually changed, ran into it while digging
Kearn

Postby Dawidio123 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:49 am

Okay so the energy change is great and A LOT better than what we had. But i would adjust it just a tiny bit, make it so it starts giving fep at like 8500-9000 (or only on table idk), it's kinda annoying to have to keep eating constantly to keep yourself above 8000 to heal. But overall great change.
On the other hand, i have no idea what you were thinking with having people spawn at thingwalls, that was kinda wack.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby khajios » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:38 am

We have finally had our first server crash of world 15. Not sure it would have been a "real" new world without at least one crash on day 1.
khajios

Postby loftar » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:16 am

Kearn wrote:i dont think this was actually changed, ran into it while digging

Right you are, I missed one of the checks. I'm not sure I'll restart the server just for that, but the fix should be there for whenever the next restart happens.

Agrik wrote:Tokens and sketchbooks does not look like possibly accidental now, as the project makes a step from offering cosmetic items for money (it's still P2W because these "cosmetics" are a game too, but as too many people do not realize that, it could be a honest overlook) to a straight paid game advantage. Seems H&H is now one of many game projects that offer in-game advantage for money.

It kills me inside that you think that way, but I must admit I'm having a hard time seeing it that way myself. As I see it, the "in-game advantage" gained from it is quite tiny and much more of a convenience thing than something that makes you "win".
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby ghandhikus » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:59 am

loftar wrote:
ghandhikus wrote:It doesn't for me.

It does for me. Custom client issue? Does it ring for if you try on vanilla?

It's vanilla, turns out the sound was just really quiet in comparison to clap hat.
King of Game-design and Java Programmer
Image RIP lather ball 2017/08/24 01:21
ghandhikus

Postby Hickupp » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:00 pm

Some money has to come from somewhere in the end. And as long as its not coming from money hungry parties that buy a stake in the product ... any alternative is probably (by default) the better option.

That's not to say you have to like it.
But one should take in account the potential alternatives. (Something the Western-politicians are blatantly and intentionally ignoring in relation to the new war that (by default) has sprouted.)
Hickupp

Postby Kaios » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:02 pm

loftar wrote:It kills me inside that you think that way, but I must admit I'm having a hard time seeing it that way myself. As I see it, the "in-game advantage" gained from it is quite tiny and much more of a convenience thing than something that makes you "win".

Saw someone with rage within 6 or 7 hours of the world start, certainly possible they had it sooner. You sure about that bro?
Kaios

Postby loftar » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:38 pm

Kaios wrote:Saw someone with rage within 6 or 7 hours of the world start, certainly possible they had it sooner. You sure about that bro?

I'm sorry, but you'll have to explain what getting Rage has with container expansion to do.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Kaios » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:47 pm

It's more-so in reference to other convenience features such as increased LP gain but I think an argument could be made that container/inventory space does play a factor towards certain advantages as well. With the addition of new items the majority of them also tend to include discovery LP and adding on this an increase from subscription and verification it doesn't really take all that long to net a large amount of learning points in a short amount of time. Have you taken such factors in to consideration in relation to things such as the cost of rage, theft, vandalism, etc.? It doesn't really seem like that is the case.
Kaios

Postby linkfanpc » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:50 pm

Kaios wrote:
loftar wrote:It kills me inside that you think that way, but I must admit I'm having a hard time seeing it that way myself. As I see it, the "in-game advantage" gained from it is quite tiny and much more of a convenience thing than something that makes you "win".

Saw someone with rage within 6 or 7 hours of the world start, certainly possible they had it sooner. You sure about that bro?

i mean you can have rage and 10-20 UA within 1 hour when you really want to troll somebody, all the individual tree seeds, blocks and boards and a few random stones, foragables and small animals give preettty close to 40 or 50k if you have sub and verify and no fukken life. There's about 80 different boards and blocks and close to 100 tree and bush seeds, even if you only get half that it's 75x90 = 6750. been on the giving and receiving end of hour 2 quick barrages. that's assuming you aren't joking but w/e

Kaios wrote:Have you taken such factors in to consideration in relation to things such as the cost of rage, theft, vandalism, etc.? It doesn't really seem like that is the case.

Honestly bumping the crime skills trespass/rage/theft/vand/murder/siege up from 20/30/30/50/100/125k to 50/100/100/200/250/300k would curb the annoyance for sure and not really affect anyone other than early game.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements