Game Development: World 15

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 15

Postby VDZ » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:06 pm

Nightdawg wrote:I just wanted to remind jorb that every competent player knows and agrees that this is cringe.

But is band-aiding it the correct solution, given that it's only a symptom of a more fundamental problem? Would hunger inheritance stop making people do stupid shit to stay near 300%, or would it just make them use more tedious or more obscure techniques? Killing yourself to get back to 300% is dumb, but so is e.g. creating a new unrelated character because you permanently ruined your hunger because better foods weren't available yet. (Has hunger questing been fixed yet? I haven't gotten a hunger reward so far, but if those are still in nolifing quests could become the meta instead; is that preferable over hunger reset suicide?)
VDZ

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:12 pm

VDZ wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:I just wanted to remind jorb that every competent player knows and agrees that this is cringe.

But is band-aiding it the correct solution, given that it's only a symptom of a more fundamental problem? Would hunger inheritance stop making people do stupid shit to stay near 300%, or would it just make them use more tedious or more obscure techniques? Killing yourself to get back to 300% is dumb, but so is e.g. creating a new unrelated character because you permanently ruined your hunger because better foods weren't available yet. (Has hunger questing been fixed yet? I haven't gotten a hunger reward so far, but if those are still in nolifing quests could become the meta instead; is that preferable over hunger reset suicide?)

Brother you do not even understand what we're currently talking about. Stop derailing and shameless plugging.

Literally the least effort changes can improve this game tenfold. You saw the energy/hunger change.

Now we need this. Don't need to reinvent the wheel right now.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby noindyfikator » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:34 pm

Rolling stats cap when? W16?
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Dawidio123 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:41 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
VDZ wrote:

Brother you do not even understand what we're currently talking about. Stop derailing and shameless plugging.

Literally the least effort changes can improve this game tenfold. You saw the energy/hunger change.

Now we need this. Don't need to reinvent the wheel right now.

Eh I mean he is kinda right on the topic of other autistic strategies.
If hunger questing is still in the game it will be the new meta once the hunger resets are gone (And I don't quest so fuck that, also it might be gone so idk).
And having another char just so you can keep the on low hunger while you also feed another character early on so you can outstat everyone, and then switch to the low hunger one is autistic and grindy, but, it'll be the optimal way to play.

Removing hunger resets is a good idea and I agree that this is needed, but it should be noted that new autistic ways of playing will arise in its place due to feasting being just shit (And VDZ's idea to remove 300% and 200% will not fix that). Probably could be fixed if hunger was tied to stats gained instead of each food you eat so you don't get fucked by eating in the early game, with the only solution is having low stats (and being outstated) until you get a decent table.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:50 pm

Dawidio123 wrote:snip

I'm not in the mood to wait 5 more worlds for all of these things to change

inherit hunger

losing your character should be a punishment/setback, not a reward
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:06 pm

Character development is literally 50-90% of what people spend their time doing. It being one of the parts of the game that's obtuse and unfun to interact with is big bad.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby strpk0 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:33 pm

for the love of jorb belay the big brain ideas that won't work and will take 3 years to implement and just make satiations/hunger be inherited before sausages are upon us
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby terechgracz » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:54 pm

If we don't have inherited hunger by tomorrow then this world will suck. Do it asap and then think about alternatives. Details doesn't matter, but this one change will really improve this world.
If not then by saturday titans will roam the world.
terechgracz

Postby HarryDresden » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:02 pm

At very least a time penalty where you can't gain hunger for X time, and then a Debuff for slower hunger should be placed on people who have inherited.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:14 pm

Whens patch day.........
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements