Game Development: Bullfinch Falls

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bullfinch Falls

Postby roskuwacz » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:31 pm

Please remove the HUNGERCIDE + Credo/Bunny Slippers Speed bonus
All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope. - Winston Churchill
roskuwacz

Postby Oddity » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:32 pm

ETA on your 5-month winter holiday from development? :D
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby pagsiu » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:33 pm

jorb wrote:
  • Walls can now cascade through open gates. Also fixed a bug by which wall cornerposts never cascaded westward.

I hope it works in a scenerio like this (G = gate, X = empty square):

XGGGXGGGX
GGXGGGXGG

If not, then fix ASAP. People are already surrounding their whole villages with crap like this.
Last edited by pagsiu on Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trapped here since W2.
Balin.
pagsiu

Postby loftar » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:34 pm

Hungercide

Admittedly, I might not have looked at enough data, but the complaints I've received about this have been to the effect of "other people are doing this", and then when I've looked at other people, they've generally died to other causes rather than suicide. This, coupled with the fact that we've felt that it's a nice thing that you get something positive when you die has led us to not want to change it. That's not to say that we aren't wrong, though. Again, I might not have looked far enough to find the people hungerciding.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:36 pm

loftar wrote:
Hungercide

Admittedly, I might now have looked at enough data, but the complaints I've received about this have been to the effect of "other people are doing this", and then when I've looked at other people, they've generally died to other causes rather than suicide. This, coupled with the fact that we've felt that it's a nice thing that you get something positive when you die has led us to not want to change. That's not to say that we aren't wrong, though. Again, I might not have looked far enough to find the people hungerciding.

I mean yeah, you see a guy picking a hedgehog 200 times or randomly drowning right next to his village, of course it's not "suicide".

How many ancestors do the top 10 statted fighters have please?
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Fostik » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:37 pm

loftar wrote:Admittedly, I might now have looked at enough data, but the complaints I've received about this have been to the effect of "other people are doing this", and then when I've looked at other people, they've generally died to other causes rather than suicide. This, coupled with the fact that we've felt that it's a nice thing that you get something positive when you die has led us to not want to change it. That's not to say that we aren't wrong, though. Again, I might not have looked far enough to find the people hungerciding.

Can we have credocide then?
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby TheServant » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:37 pm

loftar wrote:
Hungercide

Admittedly, I might not have looked at enough data, but the complaints I've received about this have been to the effect of "other people are doing this", and then when I've looked at other people, they've generally died to other causes rather than suicide. This, coupled with the fact that we've felt that it's a nice thing that you get something positive when you die has led us to not want to change it. That's not to say that we aren't wrong, though. Again, I might not have looked far enough to find the people hungerciding.

check the highest stats in the game and see inheritances
Aristotle wrote:Therefore it is fitting for the women to be married at about the age of eighteen and the men at thirty-seven or a little before — for that will give long enough for the union to take place with their bodily vigor at its prime, and for it to arrive with a convenient coincidence of dates at the time when procreation ceases.
TheServant

Postby strpk0 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:39 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Walls can now cascade through open gates. Also fixed a bug by which wall cornerposts never cascaded westward.[/list]

[*] Moving now interrupts ranged weapon aiming, including if you are a passenger on a mount.

lmao
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Ardennesss » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:40 pm

was this patch an out of season april fools joke? 2 weeks for a copy pasted bird with another default value curio for feathers and some waterfall cosmetics nobody cares about?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby loftar » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:44 pm

TheServant wrote:check the highest stats in the game and see inheritances

Looking at the 13 characters with highest Strength, 9 have zero ancestors, 2 have one ancestor, 1 has two, and 1 has three. Their value in Strength is not obviously correlated to the number of ancestors. The one with the most Strength has zero ancestors. Most seem to have died to "natural causes".
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements