Divine Intervention: Herald et Consortes vs. Dev Team

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Divine Intervention: Herald et Consortes vs. Dev Team

Postby Virs » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:27 am

PauloGreco wrote:I like how people try to play down the role of water, yet same people or close to their group of people haven been abusing it like crazy since world 12.
If water makes no real difference, why abuse the bug in the first place? "It will just make you have trees 20Q better"
Also i suppose bots don't give any advantage, hungercide didnt matter either.
It's funny how literally 30-50 forum dwellers hold hostage a game of 500+ and when exposed try to play down everything and gaslight everyone.

Listen dude, we've been doing it only for 5 worlds. It doesn't mean it had a significant impact on anything, we did it all for fun. Gotta believe us, see the formulas on wiki!!!
Virs

Postby omger » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:45 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:what quality was the ranger bow, i actually have no idea what youre talking about lol. when did you get this ranger bow? i should mention, i think orcas about 20q behind me on trees (VERY REASONABLE FOR OUR WATER DIFFERNCE WITH NO CAPS)? this is what, 6q difference on a rbow?

The water on its own with no cycling into itself makes trees average towards being about 30Q higher than the otherwise should be, but the majority of the benefit comes from things cycling into itself. If their trees are 20Q behind yours maybe they didn't plant them with Q260 water, MAYBE, but either your trees were shit(they're not) or you were at least helping them with branches/clay/axes/boughs/blocks/htables etc

PauloGreco wrote:I like how people try to play down the role of water, yet same people or close to their group of people haven been abusing it like crazy since world 12.
If water makes no real difference, why abuse the bug in the first place? "It will just make you have trees 20Q better"
Also i suppose bots don't give any advantage, hungercide didnt matter either.
It's funny how literally 30-50 forum dwellers hold hostage a game of 500+ and when exposed try to play down everything and gaslight everyone.

The heck you talking about? Care to read the thread first maybe.
omger

Postby JTB » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:47 pm

Harunobu wrote:Because trees are the bottlenecks as stone you can just harvest.

Dont blame people for them knowing how to play. Skill issue is not a reason to reset world.
As fearless in death as he was in life
JTB

Postby Harunobu » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:54 pm

MightySheep wrote:it's just water, who cares lol, pretty sure the ppl involved were never at the peak of quality anyway, Idk how deeply AD is involved but I know snail and herald group arent exactly industry titans

we have maintain high tier every world without knowing about this exploit at no point while I was playing this world did I ever think I was bigly behind top tier industry (granted it probably kicks in way later and i always quit after 1-2 month)

water is 2/25th of the equation for trees and 1/8th of the equation for soap clay which is 1/3rd the equation for bone clay, considering they still have to find a well and have mass account with xp for dig deeper, its just not massively relevant, everybody have access to this 90ql bay well anyway

even when I was in rly big villages like KoA/monke I never hear of this exploit if it was so common it wouldnt take this long to get caught, they kept it under wraps pretty well

Liar

@Jorb check this guy's accounts and alts to see if they should be under the ban.
Harunobu

Postby NicePastry » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:21 pm

MightySheep wrote:it's just water, who cares lol

Yeah, it's just people cheating for one third of the games lifetime. Who cares.
NicePastry

Postby Dawidio123 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:29 pm

Sheeeesh, y'all are blowing this out of proportion.
Yeah, they did cheat and they got punished for it. But, did that affect your enjoyment of the game over the last 4 worlds?? Did that specific bug made you uncompetitive? Or was it rather irrelevant to your enjoyment and you'd be uncompetitive anyways even if they didn't abuse that bug?
It's really not THAT big of a deal, 99% of players will never get to actually compete industry wise regardless of the water bug abuse just because they aren't invested enough into the game (Honestly reading these posts makes me think it's just a skill issue and not investment issue but I digress).
Should it be caught and fixed 4 worlds ago? Yeah, for sure. Did it really ruin the whole balance of the game? Not really, no.

The point is, devs don't fix bugs just because someone reports them. It was proven with the LP bug from the last world that only got fixed after it was posted on the forums while it was reported months ago in the dms. A bug that literally allowed you to start with millions of lp on a fresh alt. Compared to that how relevant is the water bug? I don't think people having a bit of an industry edge over me matters that much compared to them having rage +300 uac/melee when they spawn in the first hours of the game.
Also, if the group abusing the bug this world really did it to benefit from it they would've kept it on the low low, say nothing about their water quality, and just sold their superior industry for tokens all world long, and the devs would not even notice it. The fact that they did it as openly as to even giveaway their hql water is proof enough that they wanted to get caught.

Now, the solution to the water ql issue was horrendous, let's face it, a huge L on devs part. Increasing salt water quality? Why? Only makes everyone redo their whole clay industry. And don't get me started on headwaters. The solution was not thought through and made this world very "funky" to say the least.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby NicePastry » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:50 pm

Dawidio123 wrote:Sheeeesh, y'all are blowing this out of proportion.

And you are taking it lightly. Did it affect one's enjoyment of the game? Actively no, retroactively, yes. How could someone not be angry that people abused a bug that they themselves didn't know existed. If it was a well known bug, that everyone was taking part of and everyone knew even the hermits, fine. But that isn't the case at all.
NicePastry

Postby azrid » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:32 am

water impacts food quality
food quality impacts stat gains
stat gains increase the speed and efficiency of your industry growth
Its no coincidence the exploiters group had the best stats

Don't downplay the importance of water quality.
azrid

Postby Ø » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:41 am

azrid wrote:water impacts food quality
food quality impacts stat gains
stat gains increase the speed and efficiency of your industry growth
Its no coincidence the exploiters group had the best stats

Don't downplay the importance of water quality.

I certainly have not made any Pumpkin Stew or other foods with this water quality boost. No, no. Not me. I'm still using all q50 water for everything. :roll:
Ø

Postby Nocturnal-Rainbows » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:46 am

This is fucking OUTRAGEOUS.
I already quit playing this world 2 months ago after the typical initial first month hype died down but I'm quitting AGAIN (in spirit) after hearing about this deplorable act.

New world can't come soon enough, just give me that first month dopamine injection all over again, I can't get enough of that shit. That mad rush to find some fertile virgin land to claim, building my base just how I like it, getting fully established and making sure every detail is meticulously planned out only to drop it all because I can't be arsed feeding my animals anymore? That's that good shit right there, that's what I live for.

New update announcing that the world will be reset every 2 months instead of every year when?
Nocturnal-Rainbows

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements