Game Development: Buzzcut Board

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Buzzcut Board

Postby nikitron » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:52 am

Nice. Still waiting a conveyor belt and inserters...
nikitron

Postby strpk0 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:49 pm

i gotta say, adding a new hat that crashes “un updated” (as of this patch) clients is the most based move I’ve seen from seatribe

buyable stats/industry upgrades when
Last edited by strpk0 on Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Fostik » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:06 pm

Based! Now loom!!
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby gravesmerch » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:48 pm

would be cool if buildings had direct exterior access for machine, or maybe use barter hands to connect machines to outside
gravesmerch

Postby bmjclark » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:32 pm

Would really love a machine for windmills / water mills to make cloth.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby Dawidio123 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:59 pm

Would be pretty cool if it could create some sort of output to the outside that can either be emptied with a wheelbarrow or automatically puts items in the nearby stockpiles, as of rn it doesn't really make sense to use this. First of all there is the lumberjack bonus that probably compensates for the metal saw vs sawmill, not to mention being able to make the stockpiles near the place you want to use them at instead of having to move them.
Furthermore it being usually lower quality than metal saw (maybe? that's my assumption, if someone does the math maybe it can be better at some points) only allows it to ever be useful for lowql trees and even then it's better to just use the metal saw with lumberjack credo (time wasted on manually making the boards is probably compensated by the time it would take to move them anyways, and it's not like you can stock 30 logs in a sawmill so it does them all without any further input), so the suggestion of making the quality only take into the account block+bar of metal seems pretty good.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Pills » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:56 pm

Is it just me or does it seem to take ages for the game to actually load every object now when you change map? (ie, enter a doorway).

Can whatever caused this be reverted or fixed plz?
Pills

Postby vatas » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:02 am

Pills wrote:Is it just me or does it seem to take ages for the game to actually load every object now when you change map? (ie, enter a doorway).

Can whatever caused this be reverted or fixed plz?

I'm assuming Loftar's changes require the client to fetch new versions of each object. Once all the new versions are cached, client should go back to old loading speeds (or even faster, assuming the optimizations apply to this part as well and work as intended.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Fostik » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:46 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:2. It's kinda logical that the blade saw defines the quality, and not the glue you used to stick the machine together.

Nah it's fine, better glue and wood decreases looseness and vibrations of mechanisms, allowing to make perfect plain board cut, resulting in board quality.

Generally I don't see problems having less quality than sawed boards, on my point of view this mechanics should work on bulk board production for cupboards or cheese racks, the only problems here are requirement to bring log inside (duh) and inconvenience in bulk transport.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Stoneface » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:15 am

At least we can use wheelbarrows to unload the 25+ logs we put in the sawmill hopper for 100 boards at once vs 35. I just set it as a fire and forget cupboard missle, or for things where quality doesn't matter, and I need 10,000 boards. Love it!
Stoneface

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements