Planting grass in forest

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time..

Planting grass in forest

Postby Dwarfu » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:38 am

Is it a bug or intended that when you 'plant grass' it changes the forest floor to grass?

I know that's exactly what should happen based on what it says its doing, but is there going to be a way to restore the forest floor? I thought I'd throw down some extra seeds to cover up the clay digger trails, but it did indeed change to grass instead of forest...
Dwarfu

Re: Planting grass in forest

Postby loftar » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:33 am

I thought I had only made grass plantable on dirt and plowed fields. I'll have to check that out. Thanks!
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Dwarfu » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:12 am

Well, that's probably true, but I mean someone had dug clay out of the forest floor and made it dirt - so now when you plant grass on that spot of dirt, there's now way to make it forest again - it changes to grass.
Dwarfu

Postby loftar » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:44 am

Yes, I realized that it might be a problem only now that I've made trees grow faster in the forests. Of course, it isn't exactly reasonable to introduce a "make forest" command. We'll have to think about this...
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Cejer » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:27 am

Does the map still contain the forest boundery information used in generation? If it does, one solution that would be pretty swanky is if former forests (and deserts perhaps) slowly reverted back to their natural state. Or rather, suddenly reverted back to their natural state after time has passed and nobody is looking.
Cejer

Return to Bugs