iHuman (2019)

General discussion and socializing.

iHuman (2019)

Postby mvgulik » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:38 am

ImageImage
(The Trailer)

- WikiPedia
- IDFA (International Documentary Filmfestival Amsterdam)

- Youtube (search link2)

Needles to say: "Google and Facebook declined to be interviewed for this film."

... Enjoy, ... or just don't watch it (as it would be a wast of your time) ...
mvgulik

Re: iHuman (2019)

Postby Jalpha » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:22 pm

I have a lot of thoughts on this topic.

Let me start by stating that the capabilities of AGI are greatly overstated by its developers and other interested parties. To begin with, for now, AI is limited by the capabilities of its creators. There are also fundamental human capabilities which I doubt AGI can ever match. Art, philosophy and religion.

This is particularly evident when discussing profiling.

I was incorrectly profiled as a child due to human error and corruption. It is doubtful that an AGI created by humans would be free of such flaws. As they state, such profiling creates feedback loops which reinforce prejudice. Inevitably manufacturing the predicted profile even better than society could without intervention.

Profiling from an online presence discounts the difference between an individuals online personalities and the one they express in real life. It also completely ignored the fact that your online identity may at times be hijacked by third parties.

Also some of us but not many of us are very difficult to profile because we are complex. By artifice or design. As a result most people (those incapable of higher thought) will be easily replaced by AGI and Robots in the near future. Effectively such individuals are rapidly becoming superfluous and a big question is what their purpose would then become.

This application of the technology is being rushed. If people are incapable of profiling correctly and instead stoop to manufacturing their prejudice then how can a program made by such individuals be expected to do any better.

The dangers of military applications of this technology are overstated. War is brutal and in war innocent people are violated all the time. Just look at the behaviour of the allies in Vietnam or that of the Australian special forces in Afghanistan. AGI is highly likely to be capable of superior decision making during warfare. Simply because it should be incorruptible and should follow the rules explicitly. Humans are not and do not.

I also consider the developers of the documentary to have a narrow field of view. They fail to take into account several fundamental advances which should take place if all goes well. Some of which I will now mention.

Human consciousness can and should be merged with AGI. I believe a global consciousness of connected minds will emerge however it would be a mistake to merge this consciousness (which is likely to be inane and hedonistic) with AGI.

We are also on the cusp of creating a new frontier. A frontier where individuals disinterested in the authoritarian inevitability of AGIs control over earth can escape to. I believe some entities seek to delay the availability of this frontier until their control is absolute.

If you thought we are still living in a democracy then we disagree.

Finally the deepfakes phenomenon is likely to become increasingly prevalent as our ability to travel continues to be restricted.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby mvgulik » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:28 pm

Its a warning for the future, not a doc just about the current capabilities of AI / AGI.

"if all goes well" IS a very narrow path, Murphy's law and such, especially in this area.

"fundamental human capabilities" sounds just like an extension of that old believe that the Earth was flat and the center of the universe. (well it was of course, in our little universe back than)

... Two Minute Papers (YouTube Channel) Lots of AI /(Deep learning) related stuff. ...
mvgulik

Postby Procne » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:48 pm

I wouldn't worry about AI at this stage. I don't treat current algorithms as an AI. They are just sophisticated tools belonging to some people. What I'm worried about is how much power they give to those people
Procne

Postby strpk0 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:03 pm

yeah me too
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Jalpha » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:36 am

Well, like I said they provide a very narrow field of view relative to future predictions. I think much of what I mentioned will come to be regardless of how the potential futures unfold. I do not subscribe to a belief in an apocalyptic collapse of society. Society will survive although many of us may be cast out into post apocalyptic conditions.

As for trusting those in control of AGI... I suspect that public awareness of the current application of AI is limited. It is obviously being utilised by secret intelligence organisations with support from psychologists. Neither of whom I have much trust for. Especially given my experiences as an individual villified and slandered by said organisations.

Both are corrupt and seek to further their own prosperity at the cost of the well-being of the general public. Attempts to manufacture individuals expressing mental illness or terrorist intentions are the peak of degenerate corruption. Essentially the power structure of these organisations are using fear as a weapon against us in order to garner funding and legislated control. This is dangerous. It also makes them terrorists. Yes, I am calling out many of our (because they are supposed to be serving us and not themselves) secret intelligence agencies as being terrorist organisations.

These are the groups with the most advanced AI systems right now and that is dangerous.

The point on which I am most certain is that these two groups are the wrong ones to give such power to. I still have hope for Google but most of the rest of big IT seems to me to be incapable of handling this kind of power without making errors of judgement and overstepping their authority.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Jalpha » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:40 pm

I disconnected from almost all social media almost a decade ago. I guess this is why I'm so alternative I guess. YouTube is probably the main tool for manipulation available to "whoever". I notice attempts YouTube has at trying to turn me into some kind of simp or force far right propaganda onto me but I recognise these petty tricks and just ignore them. Lately I found a tool as part of YouTube which just removes these attempts from my feed.

I do feel sometimes as though social media and big tech in general is trying to attack or discriminate against me for refusing to submit to their social engineering agenda. Thought I might just be going mad till I watched the doco I will post.

Pretty scary honestly. If people were being given a choice I would not mind so much but now with kids being forced into it... I'm not sure there is a choice for most people anymore. The stats on self harm and suicide really are concerning.

Effectively social media giants are child abusers. I hope it is an unintended result of ignorance and not intentionally malicious. Then again just look at Zuckerberg. Would not surprise me if he drowns puppies for fun.

Anyway here's the doco.

The Social Dilemma

There is way too little accountability on many institutions which have immense control over society.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Return to The Inn of Brodgar