Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:23 pm

the problem lies in devs trying to hit both rabbits with the same shot.
The hypothetic everlasting world highly fits most of Haven mechanics but would be interesting only for those, who called "farmille-players" (I would prefer "creators" word, but meh), while "focus on PvP" will be interested in diametrically other communities called "pvp-gods" (I would call them "ruiners"), who prefer mostly sessional games, where they can satisfy their needs in 20-40 mins.. No players left who would plan some years-lasting devastating actions against their foes.
so for me devs should make a decision - do they want to make a sandbox or do they want to make isometric Fortnite, and then just lose those players who aren't interested in decided Haven's future.
but that won't ever happen so this thread will last forever.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Regnurr » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:12 pm

"Make your game better and it will be better" - Funny advice.

If you don't want the game to remain dead, it has to address the casual player, and MMOs by default are not casual, let alone PvP MMOs. Then you need to advertise. This will make the game grow, sorry if hardcore sweaty gamers can't accept that.
Regnurr

Postby Gauhörnchen » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:29 pm

rhzk wrote:J&Lo, why not consider private Legacy client servers?

That would be so nice, wont happen tho, it would disrupt the player ecosystem too much, no more easy targets and endorphine-rushes from beeing a plague to other players.
Gauhörnchen

Postby lyrik » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:56 pm

My group and I stopped playing after the last world was wiped. We liked to build villages and farm, and breed up animal quality and colours. It's too much work to just have it wiped every year or so, so now we don't play any more. A persistent world or being able to host our own world would bring us back.
lyrik

Postby Sephiron » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:32 am

lyrik wrote:My group and I stopped playing after the last world was wiped. We liked to build villages and farm, and breed up animal quality and colours. It's too much work to just have it wiped every year or so, so now we don't play any more. A persistent world or being able to host our own world would bring us back.

If I understand correctly, the goal is so have at least some kind of long-term persistent world. I just see it as beta testing the game before release, however, it's been 12 years and I'm starting to doubt whether Jorb/Loftar have an end goal or if the game is never going to 'finish' and will remain in development until they end up abandoning it and finding a more lucrative project. I hope this isn't the case. I absolutely love this game, but I have to admit it's overly ambitious and i'm sure it definitely isn't supporting either of them financially.

From my limited experience with game development, I do believe that object controlled objects, their next major milestone, is going to change the way the game is played 100%. I'm not sure if it'll change it for the better, but i'm excited to find out. I hope all of the negative comments coming from the toxic community don't discourage the developers from reaching this milestone, because it would bring us one step closer to finality and better content updates.

And I also hope to fucking god they have a plan to release the game through some easily accessible platform like steam once it's 'finished'. They would be throwing 12 years of progress down the drain if they planned to just let it fester on an ancient website with a phpbb forum that hasn't been updated since 2007, with no advertising or promotion.
Sephiron

Postby Ferinex » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:17 pm

they could kill our characters and let us use the built-in inheritance system to get started in the next new world. The game feels close enough to a gold product now that I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some level of continuity, even if resets do still occur until a feature-complete state is reached.
i guess they never miss huh
Ferinex

Postby lyrik » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:19 pm

Ferinex wrote:they could kill our characters and let us use the built-in inheritance system to get started in the next new world. The game feels close enough to a gold product now that I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some level of continuity, even if resets do still occur until a feature-complete state is reached.

That would be good for folks who spend their time building up their characters but we spend our time building up our village and items. We don't want all of our work to be destroyed.
lyrik

Postby luarocks » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:28 pm

rustles wrote:Also email notifications for wipes when?

+1
luarocks

Postby luarocks » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:41 am

Sephiron wrote:And I also hope to fucking god they have a plan to release the game through some easily accessible platform like steam

Steam is spyware. Only idiots find it convenient to keep in autorun proprietary shit that eats up a gigabyte of ram for nothing.
luarocks

Postby Mr_Bober » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:35 pm

lyrik wrote:
Ferinex wrote:they could kill our characters and let us use the built-in inheritance system to get started in the next new world. The game feels close enough to a gold product now that I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some level of continuity, even if resets do still occur until a feature-complete state is reached.

That would be good for folks who spend their time building up their characters but we spend our time building up our village and items. We don't want all of our work to be destroyed.

Both options would screw over newcomers even more. Inheriting (even partially) char stats or structures/villages is way too strong, and would only benefit very few people (also would be an incentive to use bots even more, botting this world to have more in the next).

If the map didn't change (which would be super boring), I guess larger villages could be transferred in a "ruined" state (everything badly damaged and/or q1), allowing the former owners (or someone else) to reclaim it and fix it up... but until you get the skills to actually make what you're trying to fix, you shouldn't be able to. And you should still have to resubmit all the materials.
In other words it would help you keep the terraforming and design, while still forcing you to get the skills and mats you need and completely destroy the quality of what you had (so you don't start the world with high q smelters, kilns, etc...).

That being said, it would be a lot of work, not really worth their time. I'd rather see them fix other stuff, or add content, rather than making a change that would affect only few players and only be relevant at world reset.
Mr_Bober

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.