Finally. It's About F**king Time. (WEBB: 25 Dec 2021)

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Finally. It's About F**king Time. (WEBB: 25 Dec 2021)

Postby shubla » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:11 pm

Couldn't they fit in just one full hd camera with that budget? Why no photos? Its just a big russels teapot for me!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby mvgulik » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:25 pm

Mirror Segment Deployment: (video)

(see JWST tracker website for more data, and progress)
mvgulik

Postby shubla » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:40 pm

mvgulik wrote:Mirror Segment Deployment: (video)

Yea some animation. Did they run out of money or why there aren't few real time webcams on board?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
shubla

Postby Procne » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:50 pm

shubla wrote:
mvgulik wrote:Mirror Segment Deployment: (video)

Yea some animation. Did they run out of money or why there aren't few real time webcams on board?

What for? Also, considering that the sail is supposed to shield it from Sun's light and radiation I don't think the camera would pick up anything else than black... At that point whatever instruments and sensors they have is way more useful to them than a camera
Procne

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:06 pm

Clearly we could aim an outdated telescope at it and track its movements and how it's proceding.Obviously more fake news like the moon landing and a "round Earth." ¦]
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby shubla » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:11 pm

Procne wrote:What for? Also, considering that the sail is supposed to shield it from Sun's light and radiation I don't think the camera would pick up anything else than black... At that point whatever instruments and sensors they have is way more useful to them than a camera

Could have a small flashlight that they would turn on for 5ms to take the pic. They would get more public support from people like me if they delivered something else than animations that could be done without shooting anything into space.
shubla

Postby mvgulik » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:58 am

Procne wrote:
shubla wrote:why there aren't few real time webcams on board?

Awwww, ... ain't that cute. A general FAQ NASA already explained in all its fine details.
The only thing you need to do, if you really like to know (and learn something outside you personal little bubble of interest), is to find it.
mvgulik

Postby WowGain » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:02 am

shubla wrote:
Procne wrote:What for? Also, considering that the sail is supposed to shield it from Sun's light and radiation I don't think the camera would pick up anything else than black... At that point whatever instruments and sensors they have is way more useful to them than a camera

Could have a small flashlight that they would turn on for 5ms to take the pic. They would get more public support from people like me if they delivered something else than animations that could be done without shooting anything into space.

good thing they don't care about the approval of a random Finnish caveman
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby mvgulik » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:39 am

JWST made it to L2. (without a single hiccup) 8-)
jwst.nasa.gov wrote:Telescope deployment is complete. Webb is now orbiting L2. ... The remaining five months of commissioning will be all about aligning the optics and calibrating the scientific instruments.

Revisiting ‘Powers of Ten’ – what we’ve learned about the Universe since 1977 (Aeon: 4 January 2022)(Video: 11 Nov 2021)

Lets hope the small minded dictators and autocrats of the human world don't trow in an other global wrench in its current development.
(For the, still primitive hunter gatherers we are, where not doing badly. I'm sure a lot other similar species, far far away, that did not evolve passed this initial mindset, never made it this far.)
mvgulik

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar