BitCraft - Deep HnH Vibes revisited

General discussion and socializing.

BitCraft - Deep HnH Vibes revisited

Postby Pandorica » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 pm

It was mentioned on these forums back in 2021, about an upcoming game called BitCraft, and how it looks like HnH,

Well its about to go into a closed Alpha stage, where you can try and win a key

If you want to sign up please use my referral : https://hub.bitcraftonline.com/ref/GM2LVHZQ

Here is also a Video showcasing some of the gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQh9DWWUHes

The amount of HnH/Salem the game Vibes BitCraft gives is huge.

The biggest difference is there is no PvP in bitcraft.

Hope some of you can sign up using my referal link, and win a chance at playing this game.
Retribution at its best.
Pandorica

Re: BitCraft - Deep HnH Vibes revisited

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 pm

Wow, watching IGN's review made me feel like I learned absolutely nothing about the game other than that you can build basic items, claim land, terraform, and complete a "dungeon" that was an extremely basic puzzle.

Then she talked about random things they hope to implement in the future.

Are developers ever going to learn that without dynamic player engagement/PvP, they need a ridiculous amount of content to create an MMO or game as a service? Something that a small team can't really hope to fill?
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Bionicus » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:17 am

I wonder what their solution to grief claims will be.
Bionicus

Postby maze » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:58 pm

I was the one that mentioned bitcraft~ as I was one of the few people informed when their team was formed.
Some of their Devs play Haven and hearth, and they brought elements of HnH to bitcraft.
There is a type of pvp within the game, but it's not the normal PvP (players hitting other players) but rather influcing the land and Npc's.
I've not followed or tested the game, So I'm unsure how those systems are currently working... But at the vary least it's intresting...

any how heres my referral code :ugeek: https://hub.bitcraftonline.com/ref/32VFELQH
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:05 pm

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrypticDrabSand ... NDNiVp5sHP

This is a developer with a couple dozen employees, with a community manager, business people, game devs, and after several years of development it's a HnH ripoff almost 1:1 with way less content, no PvE, no PvP, in fact no combat at all, and you kinda just do a simplified version of the crafting and claim building, with the idea that the endgame is making big things, or going up "tiers" which require regrinding the same things but making the grind exponentially greater each tier.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Phaen » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:28 am

Looks cute, I hope they succeed.
Phaen

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:43 am

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:https://clips.twitch.tv/CrypticDrabSandpiperVoHiYo--j-lciNDNiVp5sHP

This is a developer with a couple dozen employees, with a community manager, business people, game devs, and after several years of development it's a HnH ripoff almost 1:1 with way less content, no PvE, no PvP, in fact no combat at all, and you kinda just do a simplified version of the crafting and claim building, with the idea that the endgame is making big things, or going up "tiers" which require regrinding the same things but making the grind exponentially greater each tier.

How can you be so, so, so misguided with such confidence when there is so much documentation about the company and development of this game.

I think what you meant to say is: "I don't like what you like and I want everybody to be aware of it"

:lol:
Zentetsuken

Postby TerraSleet » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:09 pm

Clearly the BitCraft devs have heavy experience in the sandbox MMO genre, from HnH to EVE and every weird niche game in between and hopefully they can build something new and greater. To say it's an almost 1:1 HnH ripoff is ignorant at best, the systems are different in many aspects, most notably the fact you can't straight up permakill people and raze their claims.

Also worth noting that Minch, the game director, has not only played HnH but has posted in the forums under the same alias over a decade ago.
TerraSleet

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:33 pm

Look, I wish Bitcraft the best. But you should be realistic about the current state of the game.
The "new system" is that it has replaced quality grind with a tier system ripped from Albion, which is gathering the exact same materials, the exact same crafting recipe, but you change to a higher tier which denotes a different model/texture, and an exponentially greater grind that uses the lower tier stuff x2 or x3 and a few higher tier inputs.

They've also failed to implement a bunch of the heftier features from Haven and replaced them with simplified or more "accessible" crafting trees, and staring at crafting bench progress bars.

Their team responded to the HnH vs Bitcraft comparison, and the only difference cited was that Bitcraft allows you to "trust" random players, and therefore focus on the economy.

That's not a very big selling point to me. I knew very few of the people in Whatever Bay prior to this world, and we made a fully functional market and ended up with this city after we jointly withstood a really fun siege:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... bee63128c&

There are sufficient features in HnH that allow you to play with those you don't know or trust.
The game doesn't need to be castrated to reach that end.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby TerraSleet » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:04 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:Look, I wish Bitcraft the best. But you should be realistic about the current state of the game.
The "new system" is that it has replaced quality grind with a tier system ripped from Albion, which is gathering the exact same materials, the exact same crafting recipe, but you change to a higher tier which denotes a different model/texture, and an exponentially greater grind that uses the lower tier stuff x2 or x3 and a few higher tier inputs.

They've also failed to implement a bunch of the heftier features from Haven and replaced them with simplified or more "accessible" crafting trees, and staring at crafting bench progress bars.

Their team responded to the HnH vs Bitcraft comparison, and the only difference cited was that Bitcraft allows you to "trust" random players, and therefore focus on the economy.

That's not a very big selling point to me. I knew very few of the people in Whatever Bay prior to this world, and we made a fully functional market and ended up with this city after we jointly withstood a really fun siege:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... bee63128c&

There are sufficient features in HnH that allow you to play with those you don't know or trust.
The game doesn't need to be castrated to reach that end.

As someone who has been burned enough times by overhyped projects that end up either massively disappointing or stuck in development hell - that I am about as sceptical as you can get - I don't get the same impression from BitCraft. They have written a bunch of blogposts addressing numerous issues in the sandbox MMO genre, from business models to progression systems to NFTs, and how they plan to solve them. They're building a bespoke game engine specifically for sandbox MMOs. They've clearly done a bunch of research and have enough experience to build something unique that isn't just ripping off X game or Y mechanic. The current alpha state and the information they've given is already compelling enough for me, despite the current lack of content and worldbuilding. I don't think PVP is a mandatory component for a successful sandbox MMO and I suspect that is where our opinions differ.

Edit: By PVP I mean the traditional "fight other players in combat" idea of PVP. The game absolutely is going to have many elements of PVP that are inherent to sandbox MMOs - trading, politics, resource competition, subterfuge, etc. They're inherent to being in a sandbox with other people.
TerraSleet

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar