HnH Needs Adjustment to Wipe Frequency or Progression

General discussion and socializing.

Re: HnH Needs Adjustment to Wipe Frequency or Progression

Postby krikke93 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:57 pm

Damn, a system that allows for the players to work towards "the end" of the world seems pretty interesting. Would be hard to balance, but that at least removes my concern that a fixed date would cause a massive drop in players a couple weeks before the end, because people know it's about to be reset anyway, so why bother playing (not everyone, but most I assume).
Hope you have a great day
krikke93

Postby Dawidio123 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:27 pm

krikke93 wrote:...but that at least removes my concern that a fixed date would cause a massive drop in players a couple weeks before the end, because people know it's about to be reset anyway, so why bother playing (not everyone, but most I assume).

So having your progress wasted bcs of the wipe is fine if you don't know about it beforehand? People who quit bcs there is no point to playing months before wipe should have the right to know about it instead of devs being like 'lmao get fucked'. I would think you lose on some players that don't start after like 7-8 months bcs who knows when the wipe will be.
Last edited by Dawidio123 on Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:27 pm

I stack three cone cows on one another to make a two tier cone cow pyramid. Wipe wen. 8-)
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Mystic_Nomad » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:17 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:I stack three cone cows on one another to make a two tier cone cow pyramid. Wipe wen. 8-)

It's already been stated that its around early-mid 2025
Mystic_Nomad

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:47 pm

Mystic_Nomad wrote:
Robben_DuMarsch wrote:I stack three cone cows on one another to make a two tier cone cow pyramid. Wipe wen. 8-)

That's news to me. I think whoever told you this is pulling it out of their butts :)
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby krikke93 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:33 pm

Dawidio123 wrote:People who quit bcs there is no point to playing months before wipe should have the right to know about it instead of devs being like 'lmao get fucked'.

That's a fair viewpoint tbh. I was mainly speaking from experience with other games that have wipes or temporary gamemodes with a fixed end date. Usually the last couple percentage of time left is pretty dead in terms of players, unless there's some kind of permanent reward for your efforts, but maybe that's not as much of a problem as I'm making it out to be.
Hope you have a great day
krikke93

Postby dafels » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:05 pm

Mystic_Nomad wrote:

I'm pretty sure they do a wipe only when most of subs/subbing dries up. Probably in fall this year
dafels

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar