Bribed referee?

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Bribed referee?

Postby IchBin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:54 pm

DonVelD wrote:Image
Custom clients and bots make the game convenient & less chore'y. That's what the devs should strive for.

LeTterRS aRE hArd mY unDersTaNDS
IchBin

Postby terechgracz » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:44 pm

many words you see can deceive can be harmful for a long time you use few words and have much you have abundance
terechgracz

Postby IchBin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:20 pm

terechgracz wrote:many words you see can deceive can be harmful for a long time you use few words and have much you have abundance

me dumb chatgpt smart
IchBin

Postby Dawidio123 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:21 pm

IchBin wrote:
terechgracz wrote:many words you see can deceive can be harmful for a long time you use few words and have much you have abundance

me dumb chatgpt smart

This but unironically.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby IchBin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:29 pm

Dawidio123 wrote:
IchBin wrote:

me dumb chatgpt smart

This but unironically.

Yours very smartiest. Mines sad now.
IchBin

Postby DonVelD » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:46 pm

the effort you spent on this fucking wall of text could've been spent on a client or bot LMAO

also you are missing the point anything you said will NEVER have anything of enough value for me to read it all

tldr; waste of time

retard
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby vatas » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:08 am

"Client/bot unfair advantage I have no chance" is defeatist attitude but compare this to the competitive integrity in a game like Counter-Strike or League of Legends.

In those games, it can be really hard to determine (at least for absolute certainty) if the other player genuinely owned you (skill issue) or was a haxor (cheating software.)

The psychological problem that arises from this is the temptation to never admit you got outplayed, and instead accuse the opponent for cheating.

The two examples I used are 5v5 team games, so this isn't a pure Apples to Apples comparison by any measure. Theoretically a cheat would need only a 10% market share to ensure that on average, every match has a cheater (cheater could also land on your team, but assuming cheat is so powerful it's an automatic win condition, the game becomes a coin flip on which side has the cheater.) Haven has no matchmaking with hard defined teams.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Justforthis » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:57 pm

The entire point for "hardcore/competitive players" is to get really good at something. And to do that requires some tweaking.

The way I play I'm both foots in your camp but opinion wise only half a heel is there. Perhaps the monetization boosts should be inverted so the verified gives 30% and the subscription gives 20% or something, it would reward moneydumping less.

I don't think reducing trees to yellow dots is a problem.
I do think that private clients, botting and scripting are. The official client should be good and enforced. No "only 4 possible camera angles" bullshit.

The developers have basically outsourced the UI to those with capacity to make their own clients which they are then free to share or not share. So someone could make a client optimized for pvp more so than others, and keep it to themselves.
This is bringing the balancing of the game outside the game itself. Some upper class programmer who doesn't have to work can just spend enough time and crate scripts for combat and whatnot and the fight will be unfair.

Sure without bots and scripts a neet teenager could just play more than others and achive big stats while everyone elses time is more limited. There's no way to make a game have no influence from reality, but the devs could be not encuraging and exacerbating it.

Your overall qualm, that the real world circumstances affect competitive ability within the game is not something that can be adjusted for in any game ever. That would be retarded.
But in haven it's actually being encouraged and that's even more retarded.
You don't love something despite its flaws, you love it because of its flaws. Something that isn't flawed isn't meant to be loved.

Perfect things allow only for indulgence, never love.
Justforthis

Postby Justforthis » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:00 pm

DonVelD wrote:the effort you spent on this fucking wall of text...

Took less than 2 minutes to read. I hope you never hear about books or walk in a library you gonna shit youself.
You don't love something despite its flaws, you love it because of its flaws. Something that isn't flawed isn't meant to be loved.

Perfect things allow only for indulgence, never love.
Justforthis

Postby gravesmerch » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:44 pm

crazy idea:
PvE server + "infinite" map from W9(?)

eventually players would find perfect isolation, no griefing, single player Haven achieved

set periodic limits for bots exploring too much, per account, per IP timewindow etc... yea yea not perfect like anything else, but would be a wild flavor of Haven
gravesmerch

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar