Bribed referee?

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Bribed referee?

Postby dafels » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:26 am

vatas wrote:
Jorb has managed to create a system where it is easy to permakill random hermits and sprucecaps, but because all the convoluted ways he has applied, in hopes of them not dying, also apply to factionbois - you can't actually kill people in faction PvP. There's a separate argument that this is a good thing because otherwise there would be a snowball effect of one faction winning fights and having to fight weaker opponents next time, because they're still in processs o rebuilding their characters. Also, their equipment was most likely looted (it is common practice to drop everything on a character to the ground after KO even if you don't need any of the gear yourself, just to deny them from the target.)
."

Legacy had change/tradition slider together with einher bonus. Most of PvPers were on tradition that made it impractical to study any curios meanwhile letting other people to catch up with them and it was not really a problem to catch up. Plus the combat system allowed to take down someone who had stat advantage. I think it would be just better to back to full permadeath since it is mostly just larpers and sprucecaps murdered the way ko mechanic currently works and the faction people rarely get punished with a permadeath. Even If you would track someone after he murders a spruce cap all you can do is just a ko which is stupid.

Whatever, it seems they rather just add a new food or a hat or some useless content instead of fixing fundamental issue, it is all pointless waste of time and energy to post anything serious in the forums. The years of development hasnt contributed to the player count at all which is still on par with legacy 2-3 year old worlds player count when there was 0 development and idk why they even bother continuing on the same path which seems insane for me
dafels

Postby IchBin » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:19 pm

dafels wrote:I think it would be just better to back to full permadeath since it is mostly just larpers and sprucecaps murdered the way ko mechanic currently works and the faction people rarely get punished with a permadeath. Even If you would track someone after he murders a spruce cap all you can do is just a ko which is stupid.

If that's how it works, it explains a lot. Basically I would make an assumption that all the die hard bot/script lovers and game content speedruners are just desperately rushing to get to a "state without consequences" just to flex from top of the hill. And then they try to find who is responsible for their boredom. Kids will be kids...

But overall it's funny that in "game with permadeath" permadeath is absent.
IchBin

Postby rainboweye » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:23 pm

rainboweye wrote:I think regarding murder, it should be a skill that only works on hearhtlings that have bought the same skill. And the skill would be required for realms. it could be the skill of "war" or something so the name fits it better.

perma-death would still be caused by everything else other than murder by a hearthling.

So a hearthling who wants to murder someone will only be able to knock them out and not kill them; unless both players agreed, by buying the skill, to do PvP in a way that can cause death.

This way I can be safe from murder by trolls that kill for no reason. At the end of the day this is a game and if I keep being trolled and murdered by idiots for fun I will quit. I wont play. It's a game for fun. One troll killing ppl for fun causes tens of players to quit forever.

This way the hardcore-ness of everything will be preserved as it will always be dangerous to go out since I can be KO'd. But I can't kill anyone or be killed by anyone unless I want to be a big leader of a realm or something that requires war.

Then these people who buy the skill can troll each other or war each other as they like as they all agreed to buy the skill.

I want to explain why I want changes to happen,

Because I want to be able to play this game more socially, it will be very much more fun and the worlds will have so much going on to explore and discover and the players will be able to accomplish many fun things each world.

If I am no longer afraid of meeting people I will start making friends with my neighbours and play together. explore and help each other and discover the game and the world together and do activities and organize fun events that keep us coming. I won't be afraid to invite someone in my base or go to their base.

Right now if you see a person on the map you freak out and RUN!
rainboweye

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:18 pm

options to achieve your goal:
1) Be good enough to not die (which is probably a less than one day of supervised practice);
2) Find another game less antithetical to your goal of putting in 0 effort, 0 risk, and still being social (almost every MMO);
3) Ask for the game with 15 years of history to fundamentally changed (even tho it's already going in that direction tbh) in a way that makes it unenjoyable for a good chunk of its userbase just to accommodate you.

If you picked 3 you're a bit of a selfish cunt IMO
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby rainboweye » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:24 pm

I don't want the game to be fundamentally changed. I want change to happen that keeps everything the same for everyone who is happy but also stops people from being forced to quit.

It seems like this is a difficult task to do without fundamentally changing the game, which ofc makes it a whole new game.
I can play runescape or a million other games for social events and stories and adventures. I want to play HnH for what it is. I don't want to make 0 effort or whatever and I have so much fun learning how to play fully and become a more able player.
What I want is something that would prevent people from causing others to quit. So we can have way more players and it can become way more social because thats the real fun for me.
I dnt give a fuk abt my character reaching a certain stat lol I wanna play an active game with people.

I also think that if the strongest and most successful players quit the game, its no longer the same game. We need to keep it enjoyable for the people who love pvp and love to play the competitve war games. Thats why haven is what it is.Turning haven into runescape is not what we want we already have a million runescapes we can play
rainboweye

Postby Dawidio123 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:29 pm

rainboweye wrote:>It seems like this is a difficult task to do without fundamentally changing the game, which ofc makes it a whole new game.
>I want to play HnH for what it is.
>What I want is something that would prevent people from causing others to quit.

I want to play the game for what it is. I don't want it to change. I want it to change so ppl don't quit.
???
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Faravidus » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:54 am

rainboweye wrote:If I am no longer afraid of meeting people I will start making friends with my neighbours and play together.

I don't understand this argument. Every world that I played Haven, I did meet up with people, and made friends with my neighbours. Yes I also met bandits / PK:ers, but is it any different from real life? There are people on the other side of the (real) world who I've met in Haven, who I know better than the people in my very apartment block. The fact my neighbour / co-worker could potentially stab me and loot my corpse at any time does not prevent me from befriending them. Maybe this game (remember, it's only a video game) can help you overcome your fear of people? This all just sounds like a you-problem, tbh.
Playing since W4 ~ faravid88 on Discord ~ https://steamcommunity.com/id/faravid88
Faravidus

Postby rainboweye » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:18 pm

Faravidus wrote:
rainboweye wrote:If I am no longer afraid of meeting people I will start making friends with my neighbours and play together.

I don't understand this argument. Every world that I played Haven, I did meet up with people, and made friends with my neighbours. Yes I also met bandits / PK:ers, but is it any different from real life? There are people on the other side of the (real) world who I've met in Haven, who I know better than the people in my very apartment block. The fact my neighbour / co-worker could potentially stab me and loot my corpse at any time does not prevent me from befriending them. Maybe this game (remember, it's only a video game) can help you overcome your fear of people? This all just sounds like a you-problem, tbh.

Well damn
rainboweye

Postby JohnBender » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm

If you are walking around equating real life interactions to a game, you need to step away, or move to a different neighborhood. This game, and this community, have no real world lessons to impart.
JohnBender

Postby Faravidus » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:40 am

JohnBender wrote:If you are walking around equating real life interactions to a game, you need to step away, or move to a different neighborhood. This game, and this community, have no real world lessons to impart.

Playing since W4 ~ faravid88 on Discord ~ https://steamcommunity.com/id/faravid88
Faravidus

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar