Question for Jorb : Steam

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Question for Jorb : Steam

Postby shubla » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:41 am

This has been asked over 9000 times. Go away. Its not gnona happen. Ever. Im not gonna list reasons. Move this thread to hel pls.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby g1real » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:43 am

shubla wrote:This has been asked over 9000 times. Go away. Its not gnona happen. Ever. Im not gonna list reasons. Move this thread to hel pls.

Holy shit, you're a tier above jorb?
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
g1real

Postby shubla » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:43 am

g1real wrote:
shubla wrote:This has been asked over 9000 times. Go away. Its not gnona happen. Ever. Im not gonna list reasons. Move this thread to hel pls.

indeed
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby evilrich » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:06 pm

quickest way to destroy haven would probably be steam.. im inclined to agree that the reviews would be people who played 20 mins, then declare haven to be a facebook game.
evilrich

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:58 pm

evilrich wrote:quickest way to destroy haven would probably be steam.. im inclined to agree that the reviews would be people who played 20 mins, then declare haven to be a facebook game.

No, the negative reviews would be the ones like those that killed Towns. This game being a glitchy, ugly mess that is the devs' pet project, and anyone who disagrees is a drooling idiot. Which, furthermore, they will charge you for, willingly, and do nothing to redress the situation.

Don't sell it on Steam. Not as it is. You would have to be streamlined and politically correct for it to succeed there. (That or incredibly sexy.)
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

You are much loved! Love in return!
GenghisKhan44

Postby Sevenless » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:27 pm

g1real wrote:

When you've seen this question come up a dozen times with jorb saying fuck off in a slightly more polite fashion it gets kinda old.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby g1real » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:55 pm

Sevenless wrote:When you've seen this question come up a dozen times with jorb saying fuck off in a slightly more polite fashion it gets kinda old.

He gave a rather valid reason for a "no" though, rather than just saying fuck off. Much better than the shitpost of someone backseat modding.
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
g1real

Postby Sevenless » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:58 pm

g1real wrote:
Sevenless wrote:When you've seen this question come up a dozen times with jorb saying fuck off in a slightly more polite fashion it gets kinda old.

He gave a rather valid reason for a "no" though, rather than just saying fuck off. Much better than the shitpost of someone backseat modding.

I did say it was slightly more polite.

That being said: I share the irritation about these kind of posts continually popping up. Also, if you see a shitpost like such, the policy is to not reply to it or talk about it. You're supposed to hit the report button and let the mods handle it if you think it's that bad. It's stated pretty explicitly in the rules. In fact, by telling the person off like you did, it's actually the same backseat modding you're complaining about lol.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Sollar » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:05 pm

Put this game on its feet, get rid of every gamebraking bug, imagine it's future, set some targets and a budget and go for crowdfunding. You cand add some goals for backers, beside cosmetic stuff - go fo personalization (naming ingame stuff by/after backers), put ingame statues or plaques written by backers (see Pillars of Eternity) or straight up let backers design in game items (they already redesigned and reskinned the entire legacy HnH). Use the funds that you get from the current shop and subscriptions for marketing purposes, so that you can make your crowdfund campaign well known all over the media. I've watched a lot of the crowdfunding scene. The difference between a successful and unsucsessful campaigns is in the marketing budget. I personally found out about Salem beta from a Paradox sponsored article in Pcgaming magazine. You already had that experience with Paradox, do not underestimate the power of marketing/advertising business. Set your targets better this time.
*Sorry for the patronizing tone. I work in marketing/sales*

I would personaly back it up (up to a resonable ammount). This way you get to keep your own game, shop and everything else.

My 2 scents :roll:
Sollar

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:12 pm

Sollar wrote:good post

That's good advice. Shame it will fall on deaf ears too busy on making a "magnum opus".

Jorbtar, you aren't on a mission from God Himself to make this game perchance, are you? An angel didn't appear in your bedroom, curdling your blood in terror and screaming "PROGRAM! PROGRAM!" at you, did it?
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

You are much loved! Love in return!
GenghisKhan44

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar