My completely transparent moderator application

General discussion and socializing.

Re: My completely transparent moderator application

Postby Clemins » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:58 pm

VDZ wrote:
CorwinOfAmber wrote:<snip>

You came out of inactivity after four years just to speak in favor of making Zentetsuken a mod and complain about current moderation in a completely unrelated thread. Just before that, two literal whos pop up to also support Zentetsuken being a mod. Are we seriously looking at an actual attempt by some group to infiltrate the forums? Has this community become that toxic? Can't you guys just go back to killing newbies rather than attempting to kill the game itself?

Oh my bad, I forgot briefly that in order to be a "real person" here on the forums I have to comment on everything just to give my name more recognizability. That's one of the reasons why I don't bother posting on here ever because it's always the same 10-15 people talking back and forth about petty little things. I don't know what group you're putting me in exactly and frankly to consider a future mod's position in an already established group as a qualifying/non-qualifying factor, then by that logic literally all 15 of you are technically not qualified.
Clemins

Postby mulamishne » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:59 pm

VDZ wrote:

You came out of inactivity after four years

Zentetsuken bringing people back to the forums already god bless, 4 more years
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby DonVelD » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:05 pm

VDZ wrote:

You came out of inactivity after four years just to speak in favor of making Zentetsuken a mod and complain about current moderation in a completely unrelated thread. Just before that, two literal whos pop up to also support Zentetsuken being a mod. Are we seriously looking at an actual attempt by some group to infiltrate the forums? Has this community become that toxic? Can't you guys just go back to killing newbies rather than attempting to kill the game itself?

XD Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean that they are nobody, i don't know who the other guy is but i know Clemins. If that topic made that guy come back after 4 years then it maybe shows something else rather than a troll attempt. I think you are looking too deep into this and see it as a way to ruin the game because of bias. People just want to try other, potentially better things than stick to shitty stuff for 20 years because it just barely works. Its just how it is.

BTW what would you do if they modded shubla or some other """active""" guy??
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby shubla » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:11 pm

VDZ wrote:

Don't worry. At least I see through literally all their plots, they're so obvious. Jorb is not stupid man in this regard, so I'm sure that he also sees how their messages are just ... Odd... And can see whats happening.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby razfen » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:31 pm

shubla wrote:Don't worry. At least I see through literally all their plots, they're so obvious. Jorb is not stupid man in this regard, so I'm sure that he also sees how their messages are just ... Odd... And can see whats happening.

Can you elaborate some more on that?

What the fuck people. This guy just said that he asked to be considered as a mod candidate and you're already talking about plotting. Sheesh, get those insecurities checked out with a professional.
MagicManICT wrote:Not really any purpose of this thread other than to get a simple answer that some of you special children don't seem to know how to give. Everyone's got to be a fukkin comedian....
razfen

Postby VDZ » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:41 pm

Clemins wrote:Oh my bad, I forgot briefly that in order to be a "real person" here on the forums I have to comment on everything just to give my name more recognizability. That's one of the reasons why I don't bother posting on here ever because it's always the same 10-15 people talking back and forth about petty little things.

The problem here is the subject matter. It's no different from people who never engage in PvP posting about how to really fix PvP and you should totally ignore everyone else (especially the people who have more experience with the subject and would be more affected by related changes). You can post about gameplay matters and I'll treat you as someone who's apparently been playing for 8.5 years and probably generally knows what they're talking about, but if you're discussing forum matters I expect you to have either some degree of forum activity or a very convincing argument, preferably both. I don't think it's unreasonable to question the opinion on forum matters of someone who has had only 11 prior posts, of which only one was posted within the last several months. Why would you have a strong opinion on this matter if you never use the forum, and why would you just so happen to stumble upon this thread if you're this inactive?

DonVelD wrote:BTW what would you do if they modded shubla or some other """active""" guy??

If Shubla got modded I'd immediately PM Jorb and question his sanity. I think even someone like Zentetsuken would be less bad as a mod, because at least he's pretty transparent in his hostility (whereas Shubla has years of experience with straddling the line to get away with maximum disruptiveness). For other active forum posters, it would depend on who it is. For example, MagicManICT is an active poster and I've had no complaints about his moderation. For most posters I'd just take a 'wait and see' approach and wouldn't do anything unless actual problems arise. But in some cases including Zentetsuken and Shubla I can tell in advance that it would be a very bad choice to mod them.
VDZ

Postby shubla » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:44 pm

VDZ wrote:
DonVelD wrote:BTW what would you do if they modded shubla or some other """active""" guy??

If Shubla got modded I'd immediately PM Jorb and question his sanity. I think even someone like Zentetsuken would be less bad as a mod, because at least he's pretty transparent in his hostility (whereas Shubla has years of experience with straddling the line to get away with maximum disruptiveness). For other active forum posters, it would depend on who it is. For example, MagicManICT is an active poster and I've had no complaints about his moderation. For most posters I'd just take a 'wait and see' approach and wouldn't do anything unless actual problems arise. But in some cases including Zentetsuken and Shubla I can tell in advance that it would be a very bad choice to mod them.

Shouldn't such experience make one very good moderator? Not implying that I agree with anything quoted.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Clemins » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:03 pm

VDZ wrote:
Clemins wrote:Oh my bad, I forgot briefly that in order to be a "real person" here on the forums I have to comment on everything just to give my name more recognizability. That's one of the reasons why I don't bother posting on here ever because it's always the same 10-15 people talking back and forth about petty little things.

The problem here is the subject matter. It's no different from people who never engage in PvP posting about how to really fix PvP and you should totally ignore everyone else (especially the people who have more experience with the subject and would be more affected by related changes). You can post about gameplay matters and I'll treat you as someone who's apparently been playing for 8.5 years and probably generally knows what they're talking about, but if you're discussing forum matters I expect you to have either some degree of forum activity or a very convincing argument, preferably both. I don't think it's unreasonable to question the opinion on forum matters of someone who has had only 11 prior posts, of which only one was posted within the last several months. Why would you have a strong opinion on this matter if you never use the forum, and why would you just so happen to stumble upon this thread if you're this inactive?

I wouldn't consider myself "inactive" per say, I simply just seldom contribute to the forum, but I read it quite frequently. To answer your question as to why I am suddenly expressing myself and posting here is because I started watching the forums more closely in anticipation for w14 since this is right around the time they tend to wipe. While doing this, i've been poking through the active threads and have been keeping a finger on the pulse of the current situations. I knew my low post count would be called into question because that's how you guys are. I understand your viewpoint on my amount of activity and if I was in your place I wouldn't doubt I'd come to a similar conclusion. However, for the past few weeks its been pretty obvious something need to be done around here since the forums have gotten primal. My "+1" was in favor more so for his talking points and anyone who can abide by some of his point could make for a good mod, but I'm not saying he's a perfect fit either. As far as I know, other than Shubla, no one else has publicly posted about their application to be a mod. Besides, Jorb will pick whoever he deems able to moderate the forums in a professional, and hopefully, dignified manner. I simply came out of the shadows to give some support to finally getting a new mod. Besides, whenever they choose someone to be a mod it doesn't give them some Devine power that can't be undone, and they can be unmodded just the same.
But don't worry, now that I'm here my "11" might become a 16 or something, then will you pay more attention to me? :lol:
Clemins

Postby DonVelD » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:06 pm

VDZ wrote:

Are you trying to gatekeep having your own opinions on forums or what? He literally said he's lurking the forums and said that there's only 15 people posting so why would he care tbh? I too lurked for a long time and just recently became active but i know a thing or two about the game and community. Its different with PVP because only few percent of community can even experience the true PVP, but here anyone can look at the forums. Sure, it may look suspicious that someone has a few posts but there's a big difference with those two topics.

And speaking of Zentetsuken i still feel like you are biased towards him just because of the controversial opinions. Literally anyone who disagreed here is either from the pedo/conspiracygang. Waiting for more -1s tho, maybe i'm wrong. Anyways even if he doesn't become a mod his advice is still solid and should be taken into consideration.

Another question: Aren't you in good terms with magicman by any chance?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:09 pm

People that have have registered as early as 2010-2014 with post counts ranging from 2k to 12k have proven to be absolute shitters that do not give a flying fuck about this game any more than the same cringy retards they they seem hate so much.

I don't understand why someone would judge a player by their lower post count, especially when the forums are in the state they currently are.

I've never talked to you VDZ, or Clemins, but I've actually heard of Clemins before. However, I still have no clue who YOU are. I've nothing against you, just giving you a sincere example.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar