Games Like Haven and Hearth...

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Games Like Haven and Hearth...

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:17 am

Arche Age is only minimally similar to HnH. It's High Fantasy, no survival aspects, no permadeath... If anything, it's closer to EVE with a different setting than Haven.

Also, unless it's changed, don't bother playing as a free player. Sure, there's a lot you can do, but there's a lot that is so time gated it's miserable.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Cajoes » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:47 am

ven wrote:
Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:From a cursory glance, it looks like an RPG with some survival elements rather than a survival game with farming elements.

I'd rather say Haven is a pvp game with survival elements.

Haven is a hat simulator with pvp elements. Get it right.
Cajoes

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:26 am

Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:
borka wrote:URW steam info

Has there been any big changes since 3.2 (the last time I played). I might go back and make a new character when it is released. Now I have another game in my entertainment stockpile.

Also it is worth noting that Stardew Valley is set to be released on the same day.

Ah, a Harvest Moon clone!

Anyone know of some good single-player survival games? Like Life is Feudal: Your Own? I love Hafen, but I don't play it competitively, and I suspect I'm fair game for losing my crap any day.
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

You are much loved! Love in return!
GenghisKhan44

Postby ravenguard19 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:34 am

Because we can and we will.... die!
ravenguard19

Postby hyrle » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:54 pm

Don't Starve would be a good single-player survival game. Don't Starve: Together is its multiplayer component. Both are good fun and are available on Steam.
hyrle

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:44 am

Don't Starve seems like Haven meets Lovecraft.
Stardew Valley is a spiritual successor of Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town that is a mix between aforementioned Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, and Rune Factory as a single player. Multiple player will be released a few months later as a free DLC.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:19 am

Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:Don't Starve seems like Haven meets Lovecraft.

This would be a fair assessment, especially if you get on a DST "anything goes" server (vs the host enforces 'play nice' rules with server kicks and blocks).
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:57 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:Don't Starve seems like Haven meets Lovecraft.

This would be a fair assessment, especially if you get on a DST "anything goes" server (vs the host enforces 'play nice' rules with server kicks and blocks).

Granted. And DS - even vanilla - is fairly brutal as it is. Only a few times have I survived even one winter. Don't Starve is an excellent survival game.
But it's way, way WAY faster than Haven - the days pass at warp speed. It's more fantastical than Haven - more filled with strange, unearthly things. And it feels less permanent than Haven (understandably).

I like the steady, slow advance from wandering in the woods, to settling a lean-to, to building an house, to hunting foxes, then boar, then (maybe) bears, then getting metal.

I... just wish I could do that in my own little world.
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

You are much loved! Love in return!
GenghisKhan44

Postby dageir » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:12 pm

agar.io
Its a bit fast version of HnH.
dageir

Postby avros008 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:26 pm

dageir wrote:agar.io
Its a bit fast version of HnH.

Ahaahahaha :D