River Pearls

General discussion and socializing.

Re: River Pearls

Postby g1real » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:26 pm

MagicManICT wrote:edit: a lot of people came around and accepted it. Some quit for good because they couldn't bot grind up super fighters and shit. The game was better for it overall, but it brought its own issues, and so we have some potential fixes. Because the LP per hour of work invested is so much better, nobody but the anachronistic nostalgia nerds want the old system (pre-w5) back.

Stockholm syndrome.
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
g1real

Postby jorb » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:37 pm

Рortgas wrote:Do you promise me that Im going to have at least a one single bluebell ever?

It's not like the chances of finding one are something off-the-charts impossible, at least.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Sever » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:38 pm

Not gonna lie, everything I know about fated curiosities comes from this thread, but if it's how I think it is, then I have a question:

If the point of fated curiosities was to encourage people to vary their play style and to discourage botting or farming, then what was the point of fating characters to being blind to most items in an entire category, possibly the biggest incentive you could provide for players to explore far and wide on a regular basis, thus significantly limiting variety in foraging?
Come back two hours earlier.
Sever

Postby jorb » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:18 pm

Sever wrote:If the point of fated curiosities was to encourage people to vary their play style and to discourage botting or farming, then what was the point of fating characters to being blind to most items in an entire category, possibly the biggest incentive you could provide for players to explore far and wide on a regular basis, thus significantly limiting variety in foraging?

I hope to increase variety in foraging.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby TwentyThree » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:11 pm

jorb wrote:
Sever wrote:If the point of fated curiosities was to encourage people to vary their play style and to discourage botting or farming, then what was the point of fating characters to being blind to most items in an entire category, possibly the biggest incentive you could provide for players to explore far and wide on a regular basis, thus significantly limiting variety in foraging?

I hope to increase variety in foraging.

As long as more and varied things come into play for foraging, I'm not sure anyone will continue complaining.
TwentyThree

Postby fablewings » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:00 pm

Can someone explain the fate system to me like I'm 5?

I don't understand how I can't see anything while fresh new accounts can.

~Patched

Do I log off for a few hours a day to get "fate" points or just go afk.

Loftar says to play casually. What is casual about a perma death game?

Casual is farmville on facebook.
fablewings

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:02 pm

fablewings wrote:Can someone explain the fate system to me like I'm 5?

No, nobody can except jorb/loftar and jorb has specifically said he won't explain it (and not cause he's a git, but because he doesn't want the mechanic figured out). Is ok man, have some mystery in life.

Just consider every curio based on fate to not exist, if you get one great but don't expect it.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby fablewings » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:04 pm

Sevenless wrote:
fablewings wrote:Can someone explain the fate system to me like I'm 5?

No, nobody can except jorb/loftar and jorb has specifically said he won't explain it.

Is ok man, have some mystery in life. Just consider every curio based on fate to not exist, if you get one great but don't expect it.

Oh okay. Well everyone seems to have a lot of speculation as to how it works.

Still haven't found a flatsum or a talking whale ;]
fablewings

Postby Tacheron » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:05 pm

I'd at least love to know the max perc*exp needed to see all the normal forage items.
This is not a test of power
This is not a game to be lost or won
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:12 pm

Tacheron wrote:I'd at least love to know the max perc*exp needed to see all the normal forage items.

^ Values got shifted around, I'm curious as well. Because a lot of the high end curios have been fated, it really changes how high you want EXP*PER. Raising it beyond 40*40 seems pointless because there's nothing new to see (regularly).

Glimmermoss are the one foraged curio that feels really worth the time anymore. They were awesome in legacy, and for whatever reason they didn't get nerfed here. I'm so frigging thankful I have one foraged curio I can see both semi regularly AND be happy about. Everything else that's mediocre I can gather in bundles.

Because the fate system took out a lot of the variety and quality of the curios you can find, foraging has lost a lot of its magic that it had in legacy.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar