River Pearls

General discussion and socializing.

Re: River Pearls

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:15 pm

Tacheron wrote:I'd at least love to know the max perc*exp needed to see all the normal forage items.

We'll have to figure that out together once we know all of the current potential forageables.
TeckXKnight

Postby g1real » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:18 pm

Sevenless wrote:Because the fate system took out a lot of the variety and quality of the curios you can find, foraging has lost a lot of its magic that it had in legacy.

I don't see what's so magic about it.

I'm sure this is more of a problem to the fact that rare curios are actually extremely rare, and the lack of foraging content to replace the lost forageables. Still, getting a 2x or 3x max survival QL herb is still a pretty nice thing to find occasionally.
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
g1real

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:29 pm

g1real wrote:I'm sure this is more of a problem to the fact that rare curios are actually extremely rare, and the lack of foraging content to replace the lost forageables.

That's exactly my point. There's not enough fun things to find. I'm "blaming fate" only in the sense that it effectively removed curios from regular forage routes without providing new ones to fill the gap.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby bmjclark » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:41 pm

I kind of think that bluebells, boletes, edels and pearls should of stayed how they were (possibly made more common so that more casual players would of found them more often and it wouldn't just be botters/grinders chain studying them) but that new curios should of been added for fate curios. Not having bluebells, flotsams, boletes or edels slows the early game down A LOT (which i guess might of been intended). As it stands you pretty much took 4 foragables out of the game and replaced them with nothing. Foraging could use more useful curios.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:47 pm

I'd argue in agreement with flotsam and boletes, but bluebells were always too rare and by the time you could see eidels early game was ending.

This is a seperate story apart from the fact that boletes and eidels were nerfed to the point of being a mediocre curios unless they have good quality.
Last edited by Sevenless on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby fablewings » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:47 pm

What about spiderwebs is it also a fate thing?

I have over 10 and I don't want to use them.
fablewings

Postby bmjclark » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:50 pm

Sevenless wrote:I'd argue in agreement with flotsam and boletes, but bluebells were always too rare and by the time you could see eidels early game was ending.

This is a seperate story apart from the fact that boletes and eidels were nerfed to the point of being a mediocre curios unless they have good quality.

Fair enough, though edels were really, really common before i don't really understand why they're a fate thing now. You could walk a mountain and find 5-7 of them pretty regularly.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:50 pm

fablewings wrote:What about spiderwebs is it also a fate thing?

If you have 10 of something, pretty unlikely it's fate tied lol

And yeah, eidels were a staple forageable, so were boletes. Flotsam and bluebells were both the "unreliable but really nice!" types that I'd expect to be fated.
Last edited by Sevenless on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby Tacheron » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:51 pm

You always got them randomly from foraging something else, same as the spider itself. Currently I like to use it before going to bed or generally being off for a longer time.
This is not a test of power
This is not a game to be lost or won
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Postby fablewings » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:59 pm

Tacheron wrote:

You always got them randomly from foraging something else, same as the spider itself. Currently I like to use it before going to bed or generally being off for a longer time.

But I have so many! WIsh I could make silk cloth or spider cape.
fablewings

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar