Busy, busy

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Busy, busy

Postby Flame » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:27 am

I'm pretty sure they like trains, instead.
Flame

Postby raalph » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:29 am

DEIXA FREE OU VOU HUEZAR SEU SERVIDOR
raalph

Postby Someguy87 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:30 am

I WILL pay for a subscription to this game.

Thanks for creating a great game!
Someguy87

Postby venatorvenator » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:31 am

Hey, have you tried seeing it the other way around? If you pay for the game, you can actually demand fixes and response from the devs.

Personally, I think this is an attempt to clear out and refresh the community. Once the hate is gone and bad reviews are forgotten, there will be only the game left. Who knows, in six months this place could be full again, and with people who never new it was free in the first place. For a clueless outsider, I think it's not that bad a choice, surely lots of people will try it.

EDIT: also, whatever Flame said.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby Óðinn » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:32 am

venatorvenator wrote:Hey, have you tried seeing it the other way around? If you pay for the game, you can actually demand fixes and response from the devs.

Personally, I think this is an attempt to clear out and refresh the community. Once the hate is gone and bad reviews are forgotten, there will be only the game left. Who knows, in six months this place could be full again, and with people who never new it was free in the first place. For a clueless outsider, I think it's not that bad a choice, surely lots of people will try it.

EDIT: also, whatever Flame said.

Ever heard of The Stomping Land? They said the same thing.
Óðinn

Postby Ninijutsu » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:33 am

As with everyone else, I'd like to add my opinion into the shitstorm.

I think the $10-7 USD per month subscription model is completely fair and justified, and if I like this game anywhere as much as I liked the classic Haven, I will pay it with earnest. I've been looking for - as they put it on the store page - "some sense of value" out of my inevitable donation, and now I have it. They deserve some money for their efforts.
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby whiskeypete » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:37 am

chrisrock wrote:i understand they need money like everyone else and they deserve to get paid but this system is really stupid and expensive... everyone who disagrees is rich

Stop being poor.
I find your lack of face disturbing...
whiskeypete

Postby aikidragon » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:37 am

Ninijutsu wrote:As with everyone else, I'd like to add my opinion into the shitstorm.

I think the $10-7 USD per month subscription model is completely fair and justified, and if I like this game anywhere as much as I liked the classic Haven, I will pay it with earnest. I've been looking for - as they put it on the store page - "some sense of value" out of my inevitable donation, and now I have it. They deserve some money for their efforts.

$5 a month i would give without hesitation knowing that i don't chase after the only other player online.
aikidragon

Postby Flame » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:47 am

If this game was on Steam, would you pay for it?

I mean:

Is Haven with a 2d-3d world.
No pathfinding.
Same awful menu.
Wrong resolution.
Stoled Sounds with a different pich.
No moderation.

Etc.

Imho, i would never buy this on Steam. It's heavily not to be believed. Is that kind of game that will die in a few months.

Then, add that we all know Jorb & Loftar. They... ... well, they are. They probably lives in a fantasy world with rules that we can't understand (believe me, they are the opposite of coherence), so trust them is like looks in a black hole tring to understand the universe.
So...
Meh.

Unreal World is a lot more sure, to pay for.
I doesn't have pathfinding, nice sounds, reat graphic, but it Does have a good game that doesn't need good graphic and pathfinding.
That's a planned game.

Guys... 6 years are an average amount of time, to grow up.
At this point, they are what they are, and ther's no point on trust someone that is always able to disappoint you.

I would pay, if someone takes this game out theyr hands, 'cuz they really did too many bad choices to be trusted anymore.
If they start to ask This Kind of faith, i'll pull back. They did nothing to gain it, honestly.
Flame

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar