Coles/Haven Stream [New Vids]

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Coles/Haven Stream [Insane 5 troll spawn stream]

Postby Kuddie » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:01 pm

Juicy feast :shock:
Kuddie

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:20 am

Is that eat all button custom with a client, or base feature?
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby jordancoles » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:21 am

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:Is that eat all button custom with a client, or base feature?

Custom, but it'd be a nice default feature

It can be a little risky if you're using shitty dura tablewear, but at this point in the world it's never really a problem
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Ardennesss » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:32 pm

Your move, Coles.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:51 pm

Game broken lol
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:59 pm

Anyone remember the day when that would have lagged the server out for everyone?

Needs a timer... even if not for the server, just to say "Hey, slow down, kid! You'll make yourself fat eating that fast."
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:55 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Anyone remember the day when that would have lagged the server out for everyone?

Needs a timer... even if not for the server, just to say "Hey, slow down, kid! You'll make yourself fat eating that fast."

I remember someone getting nuked for making a ridiculous number of scents by loading things in and out of cupboards on alt bots specifically to crash the server.

Weren't they the same group nuked for wall jumping in w8?

Also the same group that had their leader banned for brute forcing account passwords?
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby vatas » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:58 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:I remember someone getting nuked for making a ridiculous number of scents by loading things in and out of cupboards on alt bots specifically to crash the server.

I think this is in part reason why leaving scents causes SHP (used to be HHP in w7) damage. Also makes complete destruction of bases bit harder.

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:Weren't they the same group nuked for wall jumping in w8?

Not sure about walljumping, but visitor buff was definitely bypassed couple of times I think. Notable case was when Bobdole's character, that had the highest stats out of all Hearthlings at the time, was killed which resulted in Divine Retribution. Also, I know a person who received a Dev Cape during w9 by reporting another visitor bypass exploit.

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:Also the same group that had their leader banned for brute forcing account passwords?

How did he get caught? Also bans are quite easy to evade I think but at least losing your characters can hurt.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:01 am

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:Also the same group that had their leader banned for brute forcing account passwords?

I think there was one like that, and there was a case back in w6, I think, of someone passing around a private client that "slipped out," with logging scripts, and caused account theft issues. I don't remember the details of either, but it should be in the archives.

vatas wrote:How did he get caught?

Even if using proxies and such, most proxies are known, and any that are halfway decent (data throughput) aren't free. You can use hacked systems and botnets for proxies, but dedicated throughput might not be good enough to game on. Mostly it would come down to logging and spotting accounts logging in from a strange IP that they've never used before, and a lot of accounts all using the same few IPs. Password attempts on accounts would also be a flag. Just because you don't get locked out after 5 failed attempts doesn't mean that all those failed attempts go unnoticed, especially if there's a few hundred (or thousands) of them such as you'd get with a brute force attack.

vatas wrote:Also bans are quite easy to evade

Depends on the server admins and the person(s) that have been banned. Generally, bans are easy to evade, but a good admin can complicate evading it, and a user that doesn't know the back end of the Internet at all probably can't evade anything more than a basic account ban.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:31 am

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:Anyone remember the day when that would have lagged the server out for everyone?

I remember someone getting nuked for making a ridiculous number of scents by loading things in and out of cupboards on alt bots specifically to crash the server.

Weren't they the same group nuked for wall jumping in w8?

Also the same group that had their leader banned for brute forcing account passwords?

the 1st 1 was ad and the 2nd 2 were dis and the 1st 1 was meant to stop dis from stealing all their accounts looool

also i think he got caught cuz of something really simple and dumb like forgetting to clear his cache is what loftar said i think NOT SURE BEEN A WHILE
ChildhoodObesity

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar