Tips and Questions

General discussion and socializing.

Tips and Questions

Postby FurryGrenade11 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:38 am

1. How are peoples luck for finding friends cause so far its been really hard for me.
2. Has anyone found any horses yet? if so how do you ride them.
3. Tips on starting up?

Whatever other questions or tips people have feel free to post them here
FurryGrenade11

Re: Tips and Questions

Postby DanteThanatos » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:50 am

Fishing give a good amount of lp for its price.
All fishes give lp upon fishing them and each one gives more lp after butchering them.
Also they give lp when you roast them.

tl;dr each new fish gives 150 lp after fishing, butchering and roasting.
If I could I would heal and help people, but in this realm I can't...Wait...elixirs? *Dons Plague Doctor mask*
W5: Hermit // W6: Hermit // W7: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W8: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W9: Emerald City // W10: Hermit // W11-12: Absent // W13: ...
DanteThanatos

Postby sieffre » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:29 am

-with the above tip, fish are likely going to vary based on time of day, bait, and area (deep/shallow). fish until you start catchin repeats, then wait and fish again with different variables for new lp gain
-aside from things like fishin, huntin and foragin, only buy the essentials needed to reach the yeomanry skill. save all your lp for this. don't bother buildin anything until you have a claim set up
-raisin your survival level affects the quality of the foragable curiousities, put a few points into this if you feel like it
-you will also need to get at least 3+ points in exploration (with base 10 perception) to see aforementioned foragable curiousities
-as of the last world, getting about 10 UA was enough to raid anthills safely, although this may have changed. anthills are a great source of curiousities
-browse the help forum, even if you don't need to know something yet, you probably will eventually

as for friends, check the how do i? forum for a map, see if you can find your area on it, have your friends do the same. if you can't, your best bet is to party up and walk around til you're close enough for the arrows to show up
a 100% effective way that's a bit longer is to all walk to the same edge of the map , then have one person walk along that edge until they run into the other. all i can say is good luck

horses are probably tamable from the animal husbandry skill, but i don't think anyone's gotten far enough to confirm this. they are a thing, though, usually in the pastures (the mustard yellow areas on the map)
Did that coffin just breathe?
sieffre

Postby Rugila » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:07 am

I have seen a horse but wasn't able to interact with it. Its very likely taming stuff.
I am born with the cooking in my blood
Rugila

Postby Sleep » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:10 am

Rugila wrote:I have seen a horse but wasn't able to interact with it. Its very likely taming stuff.

You can feed it a clover, and after that you can ride it for a set amount of time.
This post was made by me.
Sleep

Postby aikidragon » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:17 am

Does anyone know at how much exploration you start seeing nettle?
aikidragon

Postby TeckXKnight » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:23 am

aikidragon wrote:Does anyone know at how much exploration you start seeing nettle?

Started seeing it around 3 exploration but it was pretty rare.
TeckXKnight

Postby hazzor » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:56 am

am I missing something about the roasting spit? it's over my fire and I'm spinning this chicken to no avail
Oh boy, here I go cheesemaking again...
hazzor

Postby TeckXKnight » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:58 am

hazzor wrote:am I missing something about the roasting spit? it's over my fire and I'm spinning this chicken to no avail

It takes a few minutes of active spinning. I don't think there's really anything else to it beyond that.
TeckXKnight

Postby hazzor » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:59 am

TeckXKnight wrote:It takes a few minutes of active spinning. I don't think there's really anything else to it beyond that.

any real benefits versus regular cooking?
Oh boy, here I go cheesemaking again...
hazzor

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar