Question for Jorb : Steam

General discussion and socializing.

Question for Jorb : Steam

Postby Farlis » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:43 am

Hello, if your called Jorb and are reading this message then there is a question i've been wondering for a while.

With the release (or beta release or whatever your calling it) have you a loftar considered the possibility of putting hafen on steam to increase player base somewhat? obviously have the current fast updates and bug fixes you may not want to at this moment, but still interested to see if you guys ahve given thought to it
Farlis

Re: Question for Jorb : Steam

Postby overtyped » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:45 am

Bob Dole has one word for this thread. Hel
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby Ninijutsu » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:50 am

Farlis wrote:have you a loftar considered the possibility of putting hafen on steam to increase player base somewhat? ... but still interested to see if you guys ahve given thought to it

No. They don't even know what Steam is, and nobody in this community has ever brought it up with them.
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby TeckXKnight » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:00 am

Ninijutsu wrote:No. They don't even know what Steam is, and nobody in this community has ever brought it up with them.

To be fair, new members have absolutely no way of knowing about the prior discussions. You can't even ask them to search for it because they're gone now, along with most of the old forum.

Loftorb have considered steam integration but it's no small task and they're not big fans of adding DRM into the process of playing Haven. Odds of it happening are honestly pretty low, especially at such early stages of the game.
TeckXKnight

Postby TestDem » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:22 am

TeckXKnight wrote:
Ninijutsu wrote:No. They don't even know what Steam is, and nobody in this community has ever brought it up with them.

To be fair, new members have absolutely no way of knowing about the prior discussions. You can't even ask them to search for it because they're gone now, along with most of the old forum.

Loftorb have considered steam integration but it's no small task and they're not big fans of adding DRM into the process of playing Haven. Odds of it happening are honestly pretty low, especially at such early stages of the game.

Actually there is a lot of other projects that actually a trash or a good looking trash or just promising trash and they make to the steam shop with ezzz. So what am i thinking that going to steam will be good and it will happen eventually if jortar will start to roll this wheel. The main problem is that the steam community players will need to get a habbit of living on hnh official forums. Because here is life. Here is drama. Here is some actuall part of joy from the game. You can play completely without forum and conversation but you will go here one way or another.

I am for Steam with my both hands. The thing is i never saw actually p2p game on steam. the only thing that exist is first "starter" month for eve online and that all.
TestDem

Postby jorb » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:23 am

We haven't felt it a priority. Haven is intrinsically online distributed, so Steam only offers a marketing avenue (that is anything but free).
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby hazzor » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:22 am

TeckXKnight wrote:To be fair, new members have absolutely no way of knowing about the prior discussions. You can't even ask them to search for it because they're gone now, along with most of the old forum.

but that's the thing, this dunce has been around the whole time. It's just that normally his duncecraft is limited to our skype/mumble.

I can't even imagine the shitstorm that would come with a steam release
Oh boy, here I go cheesemaking again...
hazzor

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:04 am

hazzor wrote:I can't even imagine the shitstorm that would come with a steam release

Tears for the tear god!
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jordancoles » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:07 am

Honestly the reviews would be terrible.
The game picks up after the 2nd or third day, if you know what to aim for

Most steam gamers play for under 20 minutes and then give bad reviews when they get stuck/bored
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Felkin » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:23 am

jordancoles wrote:Honestly the reviews would be terrible.
The game picks up after the 2nd or third day, if you know what to aim for

Most steam gamers play for under 20 minutes and then give bad reviews when they get stuck/bored

I would disagree, given that there are plenty of incredible indie games that were very MEH at the beginning, picked up later and still got very positive reviews. Just need to make it very clear what niche this game is aiming at and those people will give it more time. On top of that, if the our community doesn't dick around with purposely giving crap reviews, but actually give opinionated ones with well thought out arguments for why Haven is such a great game, I'm sure we could find atleast SOME new players. Of course, there might be issues with the clients and open sourcing + Loftar clearly said he dislikes the system. They'd have to prepare all the java packages etc etc so the game runs smoothly for everyone without any preparations. It's time taken away from other more important matters, like fixing the payment options etc.
Felkin

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar