Clay cauldron takes like 9:30 to boil

Postby Smoopadoop » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:06 am

yw
MODS ARE ASLEEP POST SMALL BART
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Smoopadoop

Re: Clay cauldron takes like 9:30 to boil

Postby shubla » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:47 am

I have solution. Make cauldron out of metal.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby naosnule » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:48 am

+3 branches.

2 branches will fail.
naosnule

Postby Smoopadoop » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:50 am

shubla wrote:I have solution. Make cauldron out of metal.

I wasn't complaining, I was just posting it for the sake of it being documented.
MODS ARE ASLEEP POST SMALL BART
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Smoopadoop

Postby VDZ » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:04 am

shubla wrote:I have solution. Make cauldron out of metal.

Does cauldron quality still affect product quality? Because in that case it's not always a solution.
VDZ

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:45 pm

Didn't a clay cauldron halve any products you made with it? (because I think the cauldron was q0...)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Orcling » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:22 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Didn't a clay cauldron halve any products you made with it? (because I think the cauldron was q0...)

No, clay cauldrons affect the quality just fine. A q10 mussel i boil with my q20~ish clay cauldron results in q12-ish mussels. I dunno how much the water affects the quality, though. Its pretty good water.
Orcling

Postby raybon256 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:30 pm

Put it this way, in legacy a bone saw nets you 4 boards per log, but a metal saw gets you 6. But a hq bone saw is easier to make then a hq metal saw, so even if you get more boards, a bone saw is still useful if you need HQ boards.

If you think about it a lot a new technology that is widespread use today, were very weak in their infancy. The first pistols were lucky to hit someone at 15 feet. People were still using swords and bow and arrows when they were first invented, because the technology for those weapons have been developed and improved over centuries. In short, don't quit your day job.

Also, you can do other things while the cauldron boils, as the valedictorian says, "don't count the days, make the days count".
raybon256

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:00 pm

Orcling wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:Didn't a clay cauldron halve any products you made with it? (because I think the cauldron was q0...)

No, clay cauldrons affect the quality just fine. A q10 mussel i boil with my q20~ish clay cauldron results in q12-ish mussels. I dunno how much the water affects the quality, though. Its pretty good water.

I was speaking of previous worlds. Clay cauldrons effectively halved the quality of the water because of the "q0" bug and it never got fixed. Looks like everything that can make q0 something is being fixed so it always has a quality. <does a Kermit the Frog> *yaaaaaa*

Thanks for the information about the results. You recall about what Q water you used? it should be a factor, too.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to The Inn of Brodgar