Post pictures of other games

General discussion and socializing.

Post pictures of other games

Postby Baldarich » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:31 pm

My favorite rpg
Avernum 3

Avernum 3 features an enormous scenario, with well over 100 towns, villages and dungeons. There is a fascinating story and a dynamic world which changes according to the actions of the player. Refugees move from town to town. People die. If nothing is done, towns will crumble into dust.

Avernum was a prison, an enormous warren of tunnels and caverns, far below the surface world. The surface is ruled by the Empire, the all-powerful masters of the known world. Misfits, petty criminals, and those with the wrong opinions were sent into Avernum for the rest of their lives. At least, that’s what happened once.

Then the Avernites assassinated the leader of the Empire and spent years in a brutal war with the surface tyrants. The Avernite rebels won. Now, at last, they are beginning their campaign to leave their caves and return to the surface.

You are the scouts. You will be the first envoys to the surface. Instead of the sunlit paradise you dreamed of, you will find a world ravaged by mysterious plagues and hordes of bizarre monsters. Soon, the Empire will ask you to help solve the problem. Your enemies will become your allies as you race to find the source of the destruction.

Fail, and you will never return to the surface. There will be nothing left to return to.

Avernum 3 is a massive and open-ended game. You can save the world or work as a merchant. You can buy a house or go on one of many side adventures. You can hurry to save the cities, or sit back and watch them crumble. Whatever you choose, Avernum 3 promises a massive and engaging adventure which will gladly absorb all the hours you can spare.

Teleskop wrote:if the chance to win a lottery is 1 to 1 000 000 it doesnt mean im any closer to winning after buying 1 000 000 tickets
Baldarich

Re: Post pictures of other games

Postby borka » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:57 pm

http://www.gog.com/game/avernum_the_complete_saga :)
--------------------
Underrail

borka

Postby pedorlee » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:41 pm

I fking love underail. I bought it when it was first released. I know there is other content since then, but i want for it to get finished before starting a new game.
Also the game baldarich is showing looms like haven and hearth+EYE OF THE BEHOLDER graphics+ ultima series. It looks gorgeous.
pedorlee

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:22 pm

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
DDDsDD999

Postby Baldarich » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:10 pm

pedorlee wrote:Also the game baldarich is showing looms like haven and hearth+EYE OF THE BEHOLDER graphics+ ultima series. It looks gorgeous.

I really suggest everyone to give the game a try however you might want to start from avernum 1 just to get the hang of the story the first 2 arent really great as the third one its a really fun game with turn based combat and a hell of a lot to explore.
Teleskop wrote:if the chance to win a lottery is 1 to 1 000 000 it doesnt mean im any closer to winning after buying 1 000 000 tickets
Baldarich

Postby Jalpha » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:46 am

Spiderweb makes some amazing games. The second RPG I ever played was their original Exile: Escape from the pit. Every now and then I go back to their games and try another one out, they have all changed a lot since I played the first one in ~1995.

I loved the dialogs, very tongue in cheek humour. Also it's just a great, clean and pure turn-based RPG. I always end up addicted to the character editor for the free heals and mana though. All the mobs must die!
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby venatorvenator » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:33 am

Crusader Kings II: I had spent 600 years micromanaging my family's genes to create the perfect ruler, and when I did I ended up with this:

My descendant was born with the best physical and mental traits as I planned ("Strong" and "Genius"), but she also got the random "Lunatic" trait. As you can see in the traits bar, she also became a lesbian (which means lower chance of having children), and that was at the same time the black death hit Europe and killed a bunch of children and crown successors. I thought it was gave over since you lose when you die without any descendants. She got the plague twice and healed herself miraculously, and did have children eventually.

Having a lunatic ruler gives you the most hilarious events too, like having a horse as your diplomat:
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby Baldarich » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Jalpha wrote:Spiderweb makes some amazing games. The second RPG I ever played was their original Exile: Escape from the pit. Every now and then I go back to their games and try another one out, they have all changed a lot since I played the first one in ~1995.

I loved the dialogs, very tongue in cheek humour. Also it's just a great, clean and pure turn-based RPG. I always end up addicted to the character editor for the free heals and mana though. All the mobs must die!

The first avernum trilogy, nethergate and blades of avernum were awesome there is avernum second trilogy but it just doesnt have the same feel.
There is also blades of avernum which is alot longer then any other game it also has a workshop where you can make your own scenarios its awesome.
If you havent played the first avernum trilogy i highly advise to play as it is very fun and time consuming.
Baldarich

Postby Bowshot125 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:22 pm

venatorvenator wrote:Crusader Kings II: I had spent 600 years micromanaging my family's genes to create the perfect ruler, and when I did I ended up with this:

My descendant was born with the best physical and mental traits as I planned ("Strong" and "Genius"), but she also got the random "Lunatic" trait. As you can see in the traits bar, she also became a lesbian (which means lower chance of having children), and that was at the same time the black death hit Europe and killed a bunch of children and crown successors. I thought it was gave over since you lose when you die without any descendants. She got the plague twice and healed herself miraculously, and did have children eventually.

Having a lunatic ruler gives you the most hilarious events too, like having a horse as your diplomat:

Love CK:II . Im fairly new to it and its just a lot of info to start on :cry:
Bowshot125

Postby dageir » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:25 pm

I find Crusader kings II a bit unforgiving at times. One moment your family control most of Europe, the next you are a lowly baron..
dageir

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar