Post pictures of other games

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Post pictures of other games

Postby Jalpha » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:03 pm

I rate Project Zomboid highly. Once you work out that every horde can be pushed and stomped to death though it becomes too static without the dynamism of other players.

Saves can be dealt with the same way as with dwarf fortress so you never need to actually die.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby KingfishCid » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:13 pm

Jalpha wrote:I rate Project Zomboid highly. Once you work out that every horde can be pushed and stomped to death though it becomes too static without the dynamism of other players.

Saves can be dealt with the same way as with dwarf fortress so you never need to actually die.

10/10 game. With the power of wood glue & duct tape you can become a fire axe wielding war lord. That and the butter knife to success strat is the best strat. You forgot the best part though! Mods. One of which was based on H&H: Hydrocraft. :)
KingfishCid

Postby rhzk » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:38 pm

I like Raven Creek custom map and yeah, hydrocraft with over 5000 crafting recipes, great. Waiting for new MP.
rhzk

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:09 am

I really had fun while I was playing it (PZ) but I just died too many times and have kinda lost interest now, it's all that book reading! The character progression is kinda tiresome to repeat, I lasted months my last go and had almost full stats, I died by stupidly visiting the prison alone and got trapped in a corner of a corridor ... I just couldn't be bothered to go through that again! Guess I never worked out how you can successfully push a horde out of a small space without being stomped myself! Lol.

I've been playing No Mans Sky and The Forest lately but haven't had much time on either yet to really give an opinion though I am enjoying No Mans Sky. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Jalpha » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:50 am

Pushing trees for weeks to max stats is not immersive gameplay. I can understand.

It was perhaps flippant of me to forget to mention terrain when it comes to pushing hordes to death. Cul de sacs are the enemy. Similar thing happened to me in a storage garage yard. I tried to hide but they must have smelled my dirty shirt and came at me from both ends of the alley.

But you can just bruteforce the file directory to preserve save files (prior to death). The loot randomises every time you load in though. Totally exploitable. I do not imagine it works this way in muliplayer but who knows.

I have mostly been playing blender and UE4. Nothing worthy of a picture though. I am learning slowly as I travel.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby dageir » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:37 am

Stein world. Free on Steam. An RPG. Simple crafting system. Small, but decent community.
Relatively small map so almost always someone to play with.
dageir

Postby jordancoles » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:57 am

dageir wrote:Image

Stein world. Free on Steam. An RPG. Simple crafting system. Small, but decent community.
Relatively small map so almost always someone to play with.

Tried it out for a bit, I like it well enough so far. The quests so far are reasonably close together, and the rewards have been decent for a noobie

The movement/targetting and knowing what can be interacted with is sorta clunky but I assume you'd get used to it as you played
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Finigini » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:10 am

Stein World is pretty neat. I kinda like that there's no big glowy sparkle or anything telling you what can be interacted with. Also, the combat is pretty fun when you get good at dodging attacks.
Finigini

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:49 am

I found this browser-based building strategy game developed by InnoGames yesterday, it's been around since 2012 so some of you may already know it, it's called Forge of Empires and I'm having fun with it atm. You can play solo or make a guild with friends, it's free but, if you wanted to, you can purchase certain things (units, buildings) to speed up production but it's not necessary.

You start off with mud huts ...

And advance up to the modern era conquering other provinces as you go ...

Edit;

So ... a couple of days in and I've slightly changed my perspective, whilst I enjoy the game-play, mechanics, graphics, etc you are consistently bombarded with offers to purchase time-limited special buildings, mystery gifts and 'diamonds' - which are obtainable in the game but are extremely rare. You can ofc just simply ignore these offers, they are stored for their time-limits on the side of your screen, but as you progress it becomes more and more tempting not to! Progression is very slow without them, not to mention all the 'exciting and cute looking one-off buildings' and 'money saving' special offers ... lol, but, it's actually not funny, I feel like if you have kids don't let them anywhere near it! Today there was this gorgeous little cottage with snow on the roof and Santa and his sleigh, a bargain at only 1660 diamonds - I dread to think how much that would cost in rm!

Anyway, so yeah it's fun but the pressure to spend out on it is pretty relentless.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby dageir » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:46 am

dageir

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar