Patch Anticipation Station

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Patch Anticipation Station

Postby dageir » Sat May 07, 2022 8:15 am

Fostik wrote:
jorb wrote:
  • Our primary development direction is toward object-controlled-objects.

our primary development direction is to frustrate and be unsure regarding game continuation

I assume (hope) the devs have other matters to attend to than developing this game.
dageir

Postby VDZ » Sat May 07, 2022 3:45 pm

dageir wrote:
Fostik wrote:
jorb wrote:
  • Our primary development direction is toward object-controlled-objects.

our primary development direction is to frustrate and be unsure regarding game continuation

I assume (hope) the devs have other matters to attend to than developing this game.

Developing the game is their day job, right? That was the idea behind the whole cash shop, subscription system, etc. If they're not actually spending a significant amount of time developing the game, what are people paying for?
VDZ

Postby dageir » Sat May 07, 2022 3:54 pm

VDZ wrote:Developing the game is their day job, right? That was the idea behind the whole cash shop, subscription system, etc. If they're not actually spending a significant amount of time developing the game, what are people paying for?

No idea. How much could the subs and cash shop yield anyways? Max concurrent player I have seen lately is about 170ish?
Not sure how many play in a week? And how many of these players actually pay anything?
There are as always some whales, but I guess they are far between.
dageir

Postby vatas » Sat May 07, 2022 4:27 pm

dageir wrote:
VDZ wrote:Developing the game is their day job, right? That was the idea behind the whole cash shop, subscription system, etc. If they're not actually spending a significant amount of time developing the game, what are people paying for?

No idea. How much could the subs and cash shop yield anyways? Max concurrent player I have seen lately is about 170ish?
Not sure how many play in a week? And how many of these players actually pay anything?

https://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/track/
Past month, there has been 2638 unique users. However, I'm assuming this does count alts, as does the "current players online" -counter.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Zentetsuken » Sat May 07, 2022 4:34 pm

vatas wrote:
dageir wrote:

https://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/track/
Past month, there has been 2638 unique users. However, I'm assuming this does count alts, as does the "current players online" -counter.

Whatever this is tracking, I think it's pretty widely known that it is not doing a good or accurate job of showing how healthy the game population is.
I have a strong feeling that this is also counting forum traffic, which means that it's probably counting thousands of advertising bots that skim and skip over the page as well.

if you want an accurate look at how healthy the game is going, check this out.

http://104.168.47.162/RedFox/Haven/Tracker.html

spoiler:
it is doing bad
Zentetsuken

Postby Sevenless » Sat May 07, 2022 6:15 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:If you want to see how healthy the game is going, check this out.

http://104.168.47.162/RedFox/Haven/Tracker.html

spoiler:
it is doing bad

160 peak at this stage in the world isn't unusual.

People are just excited for a new world since it's roughly reset time. And they use "ded gaem" as a way to nudge the devs about it even though many of those haven't played for months lol.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Fostik » Sat May 07, 2022 7:06 pm

Having playerbase fluctuation with online decreasing to 15% of new world online in game world lifecycle does not say anything good about it's design.
Entire community pushes the point all along: wipes are fun, anything else unfun, develop game in this way, not another.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Sevenless » Sat May 07, 2022 7:22 pm

Fostik wrote:Having playerbase fluctuation with online decreasing to 15% of new world online in game world lifecycle does not say anything good about it's design.
Entire community pushes the point all along: wipes are fun, anything else unfun, develop game in this way, not another.

There are a number of sandbox PvP games that incorporate wipes as part of their game design. Haven is not alone. Rust is a good example, although on a much faster cycle.

There's nothing wrong with liking that type of game. I like haven's rebirth cycle. And I've played pretty much every sandbox building game on the market including many that don't have wipes.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby PresqueVu » Sat May 07, 2022 7:51 pm

Sevenless wrote:
Fostik wrote:Having playerbase fluctuation with online decreasing to 15% of new world online in game world lifecycle does not say anything good about it's design.

There are a number of sandbox PvP games that incorporate wipes as part of their game design. Haven is not alone. Rust is a good example, although on a much faster cycle.

There's nothing wrong with liking that type of game. I like haven's rebirth cycle. And I've played pretty much every sandbox building game on the market including many that don't have wipes.

Other sandbox games that don't wipe either have multiple servers that merge when populations shrink overtime, new fresh start servers, privately hosted worlds, or worlds that are procedurally generated or 100s of times bigger than a haven one.

Oh, and they actually market their games and have devs that communicate with the playerbase.

There are so many critical differences between Haven and other sandbox games that it's almost not even worth comparing.
Join the Official Haven & Hearth Discord:
ImageImage
ImageImage
PresqueVu

Postby jordancoles » Sun May 15, 2022 1:09 am

Surely there will be a patch this week
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar