Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby 22nd_ChuckNorris » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:56 am

Just in case it helps something being done about it in either direction of the spectrum (add bots to default client or go actively purging):

The main reason my group of friends and i stop playing is due to how rampant and overpowered botting is, this (at least for us) is by far the main reason we only play for the first month and a bit of the game, as there are still enough non-botters around to have a fun time while keeping up if you do not want to bot.

@Jorb
@Loftar
22nd_ChuckNorris

Postby mvgulik » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:26 pm

The games target is to be some kind of social experiment.

Real life kinda sucks ... if your not one of the top dogs.
Becoming a top dog, without slave workers (or bots) is to much work.

Experiment successful! ¦]
mvgulik

Postby Massa » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:11 am

man imagine if christmas came early and jorb put in a series of massive qol updates like the one he just did then drops a fat early world restart to the joy of everyone instead of one like way later in almost summer which would be sad
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:11 pm

Massa wrote:man imagine if christmas came early and jorb put in a series of massive qol updates like the one he just did then drops a fat early world restart to the joy of everyone instead of one like way later in almost summer which would be sad

imagine if it's not gonna be just 3 cool patches like last year then back to the usual bird/mushroom+hat

or imagine if they keep dropping dope patches for the next 5 months and then wipe the world
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Massa » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:38 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
Massa wrote:man imagine if christmas came early and jorb put in a series of massive qol updates like the one he just did then drops a fat early world restart to the joy of everyone instead of one like way later in almost summer which would be sad

imagine if it's not gonna be just 3 cool patches like last year then back to the usual bird/mushroom+hat

or imagine if they keep dropping dope patches for the next 5 months and then wipe the world

Maybe just a bunch of mega crunch patches for a literal christmas miracle......... Winter and haven is comfy.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:33 pm

Massa wrote:Maybe just a bunch of mega crunch patches for a literal christmas miracle......... Winter and haven is comfy.

I really like how you're thinking but I also learned to not set myself up for disappointment, been doing it since I started playing this game. Not any more :|

Though if it happens, it happens... I guess.
Nightdawg

Postby Vigilance » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:27 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
Massa wrote:Maybe just a bunch of mega crunch patches for a literal christmas miracle......... Winter and haven is comfy.

I really like how you're thinking but I also learned to not set myself up for disappointment, been doing it since I started playing this game. Not any more :|

Though if it happens, it happens... I guess.

bro ur way too new to be this jaded what happened to u
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:47 pm

Vigilance wrote:Image
bro ur way too new to be this jaded what happened to u

Speedran having my third eye opened by veterans who actually don't talk out of their ass like those random trash hermits that started playing in 12 years ago and claim they know how to fix every random mechanics in which they never actually engaged, like pvp, or making steel or... killing a bear idfk they're stupid.

I also checked the quality of patches from before I started playing, and I noticed how disconnected jorb and loftar are from their game, how they literally don't know anything about it, how they refuse to listen to the players' feedback, etc.

Jesus man, it's been 7+ months since the client has been crashing with nVidia GPUs, I suggested to loftar that he should try making some world-generated version of valhalla and spawn some characters for us, cause I'm confident 80% of the fighters in this game are willing to help him out in figuring out the cause of the crash. Current valhalla is lacking 90% of the content like all biomes, trees, boulders, animals, critters, rivers, lakes, oceans, boats, ships, some armor pieces, clothes, non-sprint land, terrain elevations, all buildings, and probably a lot more I'm missing off the top of my head.
He fucking told me "lmao no, just grind another character for months just to lose it due to this gay crash", while pretty much acting like he's the victim. "I'm still waiting for some info about this crash, pls use these 4 extra things in the client so maybe I can figure it out". He offers this attempt after months AFTER we quit because of crashing FOR MONTHS.

And jorb is like "they've been crying about stuff for only 23 months (seasons), let me fix it once 24 have actually passed, that's my rule, no less than 2 years of crying before I try to fix it".

Realms? You saw what they did to realms. Instead of at least trying to add the stuff literally the entire playerbase is suggesting, it's like they specifically search for some braindead human being on the forums that suggested some obscure useless stuff that would only be nice content if this game worked properly. Who the fuck needs pidgeons for example, when playing on the vanilla client feels like you're having all of your senses forcefully crippled.

Stuff like loftar literally CODING siege chess, and not knowing his own code 2 months after releasing the patch when someone makes a post describing some stupid bug in it:
Loftar: "It's not supposed to work like that, you're wrong"
Player: "I literally tested it, here are 7 screenshots PROVING it"
Loftar: 404

Also the fact that they never test anything anyway, literally delivering broken patches most of the time.

There are so many more things I can't be arsed to mention, and you probably know many more than me anyway.
Calling it a "passion project" while not being passionate about it at all, to the extent of which, not only do they never play the game they're so "passionate" about, but they refuse to even play on the test server to check for ANY bugs before releasing something. Latest thing I can think of being swamp fever going up to 5987478 damage on some hermit that went to bed, or how last world it took them 4 months and 7 dead players to figure out "oh maybe jumping off a cliff into water ACTUALLY IS BUGGED, shiiiiiiiid".

Also I played for like 1 month during 2018 but actually started learning the game properly in 2019, this is not my first account

I guess I was just blindly fanboying for both of them when I first discovered this game, went with the "2 independent developers making a cool game that I've never seen before, I gotta love them from the start" mentality, just to see them always spit in the players' faces, more and more over time.
Nightdawg

Postby kiddoinc » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:58 pm

You shouldnt play a game if you are going to get so upset, its just pixels in a game dude - Your Buddies.
^ Its a little out of context because usually your buddies are telling this to someone they are killing or raiding but the point still stands I think.

I really REALLY doubt you can quote loftar saying "lmao no, just grind another character for months just to lose it due to this gay crash". I mean maybe your feelings were hurt and you interpreted it this way but I really doubt it. Proof or ban? Nah we dont do that here. If he did say that though it was with good reason because characters are all super super replaceable i mean if you die whats the worst scenario "lost 40% of its feps, which is 20% of its stats, which is like 5% of its effectiveness. It will take me a few hours of resource gathering and a week of time-gates to replace this..."

Watch how they jump on this one. Long worlds are fun, after the really tryhards stop playing after month 3 theres way more breathing room but I'm not here for the social interaction and that goes WAY down as the world goes on so people get lonely.

Bullshit aside though, one shouldnt get too worked up over a game its bad for your health yo.
kiddoinc

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:57 pm

kiddoinc wrote:Bullshit aside though, one shouldnt get too worked up over a game its bad for your health yo.

My man only asked why I'm jaded, I just answered with the facts. Once you stop setting yourself up for massive disappointment, you actually feel really nice when your expectations match what's delivered. That's my point of view at least.
Nightdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.