General discussion and socializing.

Re: Forum Game: Guess the Big Thing

Postby popfor » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:03 am

i think it might be a beaver dam not sure but its my best bet
Image Image
my avatar is stolen without permission
#badboysclub
popfor

Location: E̹̙̺̬̖͈̘̭̙̘̔̈́̍͆͌̋̊̈́̀̎d̡̨̺̠̠̜̲̹͕̯̑̀͂͂̈̇̿̏͝͝g̨̙̻̼͎͖̱͔̗͙̐̅̇͗̈́̔͛̌̌͠ŷ͔̼͓̺̮̪̫̙̬̐͊̀́̊͆͝͝͝ͅ

Postby Granger » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:10 am

popfor wrote:i think it might be a beaver dam not sure but its my best bet

Nice try, but you missed the 'one hour' window ;)
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:40 pm

Told you it was a door! :D

So, who won?
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Granger » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:36 pm

No clue, will figure that out when back from work.
Granger

Postby Granger » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:22 am

Great, ISP decided to run an unscheduled maintenance on my DSL line concentrator... Found that out by trying to post the results and being greeted by you're offline.

Was able to recover the full text of the posting, but as it would suck to type it up again on my phone you'll all have to wait till the morning when (hopefully) my uplink will again do what is ment to do. Sorry for the delay.
Granger

Postby Granger » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:37 pm

Here are the results of this little game to pass the time.

The valid contestants in order of appearance

• TheOriginalFive: No Pets
  • AntiBlitz: Not really Realms
  • KitsuneG: No house and no hat (as the new hat isn't a 'big' thing)
  • pheonix: No seasons, modular housing or log stockpiles
  • shadowzen2: No combat change
  • Potjeh: Right about not being a rendering optimization, but the contest wasn't about listing what was not to come
  • iamahh: No clone of Salem exploration events
  • azrid: Correctly predicted a dungeon with a boss mob
  • yozzik111: No recycling of stale models
  • shubla: No new models for tarpits and palisades
  • Volkmar_Göetheburg: No dragons
  • blank: While right on the dungeon part not the first to mention it, also no new NPC
  • dafels: No hats on everything
  • DDDsDD999: No hat flood
  • Valnar: Sadly no SHP regeneration while being offline
  • Robben_DuMarsch: No revanp of hearthling progression
  • Finigini: No additional localized resources and landmarks
  • NOOBY93: Driads didn't get interactions
  • ricky: Not bones
  • svino: No quests needed to open the doors
  • LadyV: No hidden homes
  • Audiosmurf: No seasons
  • ChildhoodObesity: No custom house building
  • charming: No rebalancing of curios
  • replikant8: Not quest system related
  • Adata: No dryad village
  • Ozzy123: No, you'll have to continue crying about being oppressed
  • MrPunchers: correctly predicted it being an update
  • MagicManICT: No reskins
  • Lunarius_Haberdash: No update for walls/houses/bridges
  • the_portals: No new world
  • romovs: correctly predicted it being pocket universes
  • shubla: No, finland still stays irrelevant in Haven
  • ElGato: Correctly predicted it not being balanced
  • linkfanpc: No, wound system hasn't changed
  • pheonix: No, shitty RL weather won't follow us into our happy place - for now
  • ErdTod: No Dragons

The ones who sadly managed to disqualify themselves

Adder1234, Amanda44, viznew and Jalpha by doing multiple posts, spawningmink by being offtopic.

Luckily romovs made two guesses so he's out and I didn't have to decide between what is better matching (dungeon or pocket universes), but bonus price to him for making the game (more) playable for all of us. Also some leniency granted to blank (as his second post in which he claims to have gotten it right was after the announcement) but same difference as someone had come up with the what he said before him.

The winners

azrid wrote:An underground tree dungeon.
Door will open at certain times and your party can enter this place to fight off enemies and gather loot.
There will be traps that you must look out for and puzzles you must solve as a group with a boss battle at the end of it all.

No trees (at least not living ones), opening hours whenever you run into it and neither or traps nor puzzles.
But the first to come up with 'dungeon' and correctly predicted it having a boss at the end.
Congratulations to cashing both prizes in one swift strike!

MrPunchers wrote:Yes, an update.

Creative thinking around the question, Giftbox will be awarded for being the first to correctly stating the obvious.

romovs wrote:about a week ago loftar added some map related code to the vanilla client which could mean either
- a support for multiple worlds (or "pocket" worlds)
- just a fix for the lingering map tiles after world reset

Yes, some kind of pocket world. Sadly more than one guess so technically he's out.
Will be awarded a nice gift box anyway for making a great client that makes the game way more fun to play.

ElGato wrote:It will be like everything else that's new to the game. Either overpowered or underpowered.

While balancing needs to be done this wasn't it. Giftbox will be awarded for being the first correctly stating the other obvious (in a sad way).

EDIT:
iamahh wrote:my guess is something similar to Salem's exploration events... that is, when you're out there exploring there's a chance of stumble upon these random events, probably leading to some nice loot or unique items/creatures

Late to the party (I overlooked it at first), so an extra token (see my post below) for being first to get something vague.

The winners please contact me via PM so we can coordinate the date and time for the meeting (I would prefer sunday around noon UTC) for them to claim their loot.

Also several additional giftboxes (33, to be precise, one for each valid contest entry that didn't get anything out of it) will make their way to the bottom of the local lake in the next weeks up to christmas, just because why not.

Thanks to all for playing!
Granger

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:49 pm

Haha gratz azrid! :)

And;
Granger wrote:
romovs wrote:
about a week ago loftar added some map related code to the vanilla client which could mean either
- a support for multiple worlds (or "pocket" worlds)
- just a fix for the lingering map tiles after world reset

Yes, some kind of pocket world. Sadly more than one guess so technically he's out.
Will be awarded a nice gift box anyway for making a great client that makes the game way more fun to play.

+1 to Granger for that, most definitely deserving! :D

Granger wrote:Also several additional giftboxes (33, to be precise, one for each valid contest entry that didn't get anything out of it) will make their way to the bottom of the local lake in the next weeks up to christmas, just because why not.

Yay, ended up being quite fun after all, lol, even if I did get disqualified for getting into the discussion and forgetting the rules. :P :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby KitsuneG » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:51 pm

Great Game, Granger!
Hope there will be more in the future =^_^=
Wiki editor.
KitsuneG

Postby iamahh » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:31 pm

I didnt use the name dungeon but my paragraph describes random spawn event leading loots and creatures, way before evryone else, but im glad i got nothing, too lazy
iamahh

Postby Granger » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:01 pm

iamahh wrote:I didnt use the name dungeon but my paragraph describes random spawn event leading loots and creatures, way before evryone else, but im glad i got nothing, too lazy

As I havn't played salem (apart from trying it a few hours, getting knocked out in the darkness and the character stuck in that state, without getting any help from the powers that have been to unstuck it, made me lose any will to continue) I have only read up on them and what I saw looked quite different.

But you got a point that with
iamahh wrote:my guess is something similar to Salem's exploration events... that is, when you're out there exploring there's a chance of stumble upon these random events, probably leading to some nice loot or unique items/creatures
you might have been the first to be onto something.

Thus: I'll award you the first mentioning token, since I already gave that away I'll simply throw in an extra one.
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar