A quest for a hats - A journey throught the old world!

General discussion and socializing.

Re: A quest for a hats - A journey throught the old world!

Postby Aceb » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:06 pm

Final Day - Part 4

When I considered myself being safe and far enough from bear killing warriros, I've decided to go back to hunting for a hat. I've found on my map fresh building village or at least it looked like that so I decided to take a closer look. Was disappointed as while it was second "emerald" I've seen this day, I couldn't communicate with people inside. On the moment I was spotted, they either jumped ouf ot existence or ran away from my vision. Really. There's a freaking wall between us and You still run away...
I've been getting slowly frustrated and angry on how many people were running away, despite being protected, ignoring me all together and generally, being so negative towards me! I did nothing yet, they acted like I deserve such treatment! Shame, a true shame hearthlings! Edge people are more nice and friendly than people focused around the center or close enough to it! Meanwhile, the Orchard village.
I decided to stop moving in random direction. I've been traveling in this area for long enough, to discover plenty of settlements that I haven't checked on. I decided to move towards all of them, before I move further into north, maybe the key, I'm searching for, lies in this unfriendly area. That's a challenge I take upon myself, to inspect this place long and wide! You heard me You unfriendly cuckos! I'M NOT DONE YET WITH YOU!
Another village called White Choco Macademia Cookie is where people yet again, escaped from my vision and vicinity, like I'm being someone carrying a diarrhea that even unbuckles your own pants. Literally. Time end this complain. They will not stop me, nobodoy will stop me ,even if I have to fight for it, I will with my own bare hands. I mean bare bronze sword. Old and rusty... But bronze!
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Aceb » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:52 am

Final Day - Last Part

I've parked in a nice spot and took a break and deep breath. I've run out of beer, out of food and anything I had prepared for this day. I'm going all out. My whole inventory is in hats and I don't wanna juggle with 1 inventory spot a way to gain meal. Especially there was no one to trade for food and beer... Since everyone run. I'm not even (w)armed!
I've not encountered anyone this day, during that night, all I have seen was just some villages and ruins. Loneliness instead of running people is a nice change of things. I can at least enjoy Gerald company, He's the only one who is not running from me and keeping me safe from wild life.
Anything I would say beyond this point is just repeating myself over and over. There is a lot of ruins but none of them contains any head piece. As if, only chest gear for some odd reason. Seems in different part of this world, people are more interested in certains pieces... Interesting to say at least.
My quest is complete. After many hours of searching, I finally stumbled upon a soul, that decided to grant me a hat. Of course, it wasn't a free hat as I offered the entire wagon with all of it chest and loot for this man just for a single hat. He gladly accepted and we traded. I've got out only a feeder out of wagon so I can fed Gerald before I grant it to someone else in my way towards any hobbit hole where I can end my journey.
With my quest complete, but if You think this was the last exciting thing that happened, oh boy. Here's something that can make You smile. Winnie the Pooh have stumbled upon me once again, right before the end...
Sadly, after I got up, I tried to search for both of'em, but turned out those had to take a turn into some different direction and run for very long time since I was unabled to. Defeated but happy and yet sad for Gerald, I came back to hole where Bear attacked us and finished it there.This end of the story. See You maybe in the next one!

Last edited by Aceb on Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Aceb » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:01 am

Some details after the journey:

Obtained hats:
#1 Chef's Hat [Crafted]
#2 Feather Band [Gifted] - Nyaka
#3 Boar Tusk Helmet [Gifted] - ??? (Cool Person #2)
#4 Boar Tusk Helmet [Obtained] - Found at Solace village (abandoned)
#5 Druid's Helmet [Gifted] - Cmoon
#6 Wreath of Laurel [Obtained] - Abandoned settlement at Akihabara's realm (north end)
#7 Sprucecap [Obtained] - Abandoned settlement at Akihabara's realm
#8 Laddie's Cap [Gifted] - Cool Russian person #5 at KoS realm (right after entering it)
#9 Sprucecap [Obtained] - Abandoned settlement south from John base.
#10 Chef's Hat [Obtained] - Close to north-west border.
#11 Straw Hat [Gifted] - Bean at Brodgar
#12 Laddie's Cap [Gifted] - Rondel at Fox village
#13 Spruce Cap [Obtained] - End of HH kingdom at south edge of map
#14 Fisherman's Hat [Gifted] - Amanda!
#15 Laddie's Cap [Obtained] - Abandoned settlement at east border
#16 Fisherman's Hat [Obtained] - Abandoned small camp at north from mountain border
#17 Spruce Cap [Obtained] - Abandoned tower near large pool of water (Fire & Ice)
#18 Straw Hat [Obtained] - Ruins between KoS and H&H
#19 Straw Hat [Obtained] - Big junky camp at entrance to H&H
#20 Laddie's Cap [Obtained] - JoJo Village ruins
#21 Straw Hat [Obtained] - Abandoned house at north from CF
#22 Spruce Cap [Obtained] - Abandoned peka2tv village
#23 Miner's helm [Obtained] - From a mannequin from abandoned place at Fire&Ice border
#24 Adder Crown [Obtained] - in DIS destroyed settlement
#25 Beaver Cap [Traded] - At the "Whatever" realm, traded wagon full of chests for beaver cap

I've never met the same person twice.
Most visited place during this journey was Last Hope village - 3 times.
I've left exactly 60 runestones of my story in 60 different burrows. Not counting other 20 outside burrows.

I was thinking about doing this challenge but a bit harder: where I had to constantly use cart with a box where I contain all my hats, but before I've started, I knew I won't be succesfully doing that. Hard way was going to use wagon but same reason as a box, even if nobody steals, a lot of people like to drop things onto ground. Other thing I wasn't doing it in 16 consecutive days, but the story took 16 days. I was thinking about adding 2 bonus days, but those were out of quest character and was mainly Salad stream party in his village and other one was Princess Mandy village party. Madao-san then joined Brodgar until end of world days. Last day could end a lot faster, since I've seen few places that contained sprucecaps, but I didn't want another sprucecap and wanted to end it in meaningful way. Also I wasn't sure if I didn't take a hat from those places already.

Collecting all types of hats would be almost impossible without telling people who I am and what I need, especially that I limited myself to only 1 trade, rest must have been gifted and only one crafted as well.
Collecting premium hats is out of question as well. I would have to buy them.

Not sure if I will do anything similar in W11 but maybe, who knows. If you stayed that long with me, thank You very much!
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby tehnox » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:16 am

when I met you I was surprised at such a deal, and a week after I came across this thread and began reading while waiting for a little story about our meeting
almost a year has passed and finally i met myself in your story, and my beaver cap was last hat also :oops:
good written, sir
tehnox

Postby Aceb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:54 pm

tehnox wrote:when I met you I was surprised at such a deal, and a week after I came across this thread and began reading while waiting for a little story about our meeting
almost a year has passed and finally i met myself in your story, and my beaver cap was last hat also :oops:
good written, sir

Thanks You and once again, I'm very sorry it took so long but I had not so much power on that regard. I knew You might wait for the end and so I really wanted to finish it up even more. Thanks once again!
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Vassteel » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:38 pm

[quote="]Image[/i][/quote]

Awesome my old place made it onto the list of places you visited ^_^
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby Aceb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:31 pm

\_[T]_/ my friend
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Aceb » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:47 pm

I was gifted a Madao shirt, I guess that will be even a bigger memo. Thanks! I might upload it later for view, but ain't sure about it yet. :oops:
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Sartharion » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:41 pm

Loved this story, are you planning to do anything like it in W14?
Pavelly wrote:Rise and shine, Jorb&Loftar. Rise and... shine. Not that I... wish to imply you have been sleeping on the job. No one is more deserving of a rest, and all the effort in the world would have gone to waste until... well, let's just say your hour has... come again.
Sartharion

Postby Aceb » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:57 pm

Sartharion wrote:Loved this story, are you planning to do anything like it in W14?

Will consider. ™

Might happen if I think about interesting way to do it?
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar